LAS VEGAS DAVE

Turbocharged
Ride
V8 CHOPPER, BOSS HOSS, 2015 ROCKET 3 TOURING
This morning my 2015 Rocket 3 Touring wouldn't start, the battery was real low, I haven't started the bike for 5 or 6 weeks. It was cold out this morning but later when it was warmer it started it. I rode it about two miles and the check engine light came on. I am trickle charging the battery now. Is there a way to clear the check engine light and see if it comes on again or do I have to go to a dealer.

I don't have a smart phone. Is there a tool I can buy that plugs directly into the cable and that has its own screen that would show
whatever the code is that made the light come on?

I don't have a smart phone. Is there a tool I can buy that plugs directly into the cable and that has its own screen that would show
whatever the code is that made the light come on?
I don’t know of one, do you have a laptop or can you get the bike and your computer close enough to reach?

Yes any OBDII scan tool can read/clear the codes. If you don't want to buy one, most auto part shops will scan it for you.

Most won't clear the code themselves, but they usually will let YOU press the erase button.

THANK YOU, I will buy a OBDII scan tool at an AUTO ZONE if they have one, any suggestions?

Back