Chasin a Gremlin.....

Well, I found my second water leak last evening. A 3/4" coupling had come loose under ground, on a run from the house to the barn. Now, after I finish my coffee, might go tinker with the Rocket. Going to switch back the CPS to the one that measures 570 ohms, instead of the one from the 2015, that measures 1.2K ??? And probably pull the fuel rail and make the injectors squirt, pull 3 plugs, check compression, and spark. Vacuum hose good, including the "Cross" fitting.

Well, I found my second water leak last evening. A 3/4" coupling had come loose under ground, on a run from the house to the barn. Now, after I finish my coffee, might go tinker with the Rocket. Going to switch back the CPS to the one that measures 570 ohms, instead of the one from the 2015, that measures 1.2K ??? And probably pull the fuel rail and make the injectors squirt, pull 3 plugs, check compression, and spark. Vacuum hose good, including the "Cross" fitting.
I use one of those cheap injector cleaners from wish, the ones where you pull injector out, fit it to the plastic fitting, attach wire plug, then to battery to open injector & push down on injector cleaner spray can. Works a treat. Only thing is having to do one at a time.

So, I've been taking a break from pulling my hair out. Still completely baffled at what's going on. At last attempt, pulled injectors out, still connected, all 3 squirted the same. Pulled one plug out each cylinder, compression test, 170/175/170 and found NOW, #3 had no spark !!!??? So changed that coil, and had spark all 3. TuneEcu reset adapt, adjusted ISCV .60/.74 fired her up, and was running on all 3, but dropping a cylinder, or 2 at below 1500 rpm, backfiring etc. and idle way too low. Got throttle body's close 640 range. Pulled stepper motor, and doesn't seem to be extending as far as another one I have, so will swap it out, on my next adventure into the unknown. It is much closer, but still far from right, and I'm totally blown away, at all the different things that have been going on. Remember, this all started with #1 being dead, then #2, then #3, I just dunno. Will also look at the crank position sensor AGAIN. o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

So, I've been taking a break from pulling my hair out. Still completely baffled at what's going on. At last attempt, pulled injectors out, still connected, all 3 squirted the same. Pulled one plug out each cylinder, compression test, 170/175/170 and found NOW, #3 had no spark !!!??? So changed that coil, and had spark all 3. TuneEcu reset adapt, adjusted ISCV .60/.74 fired her up, and was running on all 3, but dropping a cylinder, or 2 at below 1500 rpm, backfiring etc. and idle way too low. Got throttle body's close 640 range. Pulled stepper motor, and doesn't seem to be extending as far as another one I have, so will swap it out, on my next adventure into the unknown. It is much closer, but still far from right, and I'm totally blown away, at all the different things that have been going on. Remember, this all started with #1 being dead, then #2, then #3, I just dunno. Will also look at the crank position sensor AGAIN. o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O
You would think the stepper motor wouldn't make it misfire on different cylinders over that period, but changing it out would eliminate that.
Almost sounds like fuel, but as you said injectors seem ok..how is the fuel filter? Could there be a little bit of crap getting through, just enough here & there in what ever injector randomly to upset the apple cart?
I'm sure you'll get it sorted, good old persistence pay's off & besides Rocket owner's dont give up 😁🚀😎

OK Guy's and Gal's, didn't want to brag until she had a couple hundred miles on her, but she's up and running again. Don't ask me what the problem was, as I changed so many things, I ain't got the slightest clue. Just a happy OLD boy now!

OK Guy's and Gal's, didn't want to brag until she had a couple hundred miles on her, but she's up and running again. Don't ask me what the problem was, as I changed so many things, I ain't got the slightest clue. Just a happy OLD boy now!
Awsome...the Gremlin had enough of your hair to move on 😁👍👍👍

Back