Chariot Mark 2 rebuild

Chariot

.040 Over
Ride
2017 Rocket 3 R modified trike to take wheelchair
VIMEO
Youtube highway star day 1 and 2

The rebuild is going well and a lot of the old issues I had have been sorted or will be by time its finished.
Not going to schedule as Paul hurt his back, things have been delayed.
He spent a day alone aligning the reverse gearbox to the back axle which should cure the vibration I was getting.
The Trike shop made the prop shaft too long, so it was not possible to install with the back axle in place.
Paul is going to install an ABS pick up disc on the prop shaft but there is not room to fit between the gearbox flange and the propshaft so will have to be split and fitted under the bolt heads.
As there is only 10mm difference in tyre size between the rocket 3 tyre and the trike tyre, should all work out ok. This way I will end up with ABS all round.
The Mark 1 had 4 shocks with 1000 lb springs fitted, we can reduce this to 500 lb to give a more comfortable ride and be able to use some pre- load on the springs to adjust. Anti- roll bars are also under construction.
The original master cylinder piston is too small and is being replaced but will keep the same foot pedal and cover.
Another set of front forks is being constructed. Hopefully I can post some pictures here.

Attachments

• Unknown-10.jpeg
    Unknown-10.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Unknown-12.jpeg
    Unknown-12.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 15
  • Unknown-11.jpeg
    Unknown-11.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Unknown-15.jpeg
    Unknown-15.jpeg