Charging/maintaining AGM batteries

Have you put the battery on your regular charger to get it up to full charge? If so and it's not holding a charge, I'd take the Batt back to Autozone and have it tested. Ya might have a new / bad battery.... shidt happens ya know.

fwiw, If I haven't ridden the bikes for a week or two I plug them into a Battery Tender Jr. Never a problem staring either bike.

Yes indeed!
On different occasions, I received two if those "new / bad" batteries from MotoBatt.

Yea, sometimes these batteries can give you a fit. This one being in my new build, had me thinking all kinds of strange things. Last night, I left the "new-not good" battery disconnected from the bike, and on the new charger, all night. Charger showed it as charged, and on maintenance of 13.5 volts .5 amps. So then with the charger still connected, I touched the disconnected lead to the bike, with nothing on, and the charger went to charging state, 14.5 volts 1.5 amps. Tried to start, and same thing as before, maybe turn over one or two times, and grunt. Actually got a smaller cranking amp battery this time, as it is a beach to get in and out (my design flaw):(

Back