Cardo Packtalk Bold...can it read your incoming text messages to you?

mstraub72

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster ABS, Black & Red
Good morning all!

I am having a surprisingly hard time finding an answer online to this simple question...Cardo seems almost intentionally vague about it. So, figured I'd see if anyone here is rocking the Packtalk Bold in their helmets and get your impressions and advice.

Now, the big thing I wanted a device to do was to read my incoming texts to me. I just installed a more budget comm system, the Lexin FT4 Pro. Worked, but barely. Plus, good god the speakers were loud but violently treble'y. Had to wear foam disposable earplugs and turn the comm volume up to make it usable. With this device, I had to trigger Google Assistant, and it successfully listened...once. If it failed, it'd lock the phone up and wouldn't listen to my voice or restart the music, so I'd be pulling over again and again to get everything sorted out.

I'm hoping that Cardo's app has a more direct way to listen to texts successfully. How has your experience been with the device? Anyone have the new model with the JBL speakers? Thoughts? And while were here, if anyone has any non-disposable earplug advice, ones that'd knock the wind noise down a bit (I'm in a Z1R modular lid, so she's not very quiet...) while still letting most of the music through, that'd rule as well.

Fire away with your thoughts and tips!

Back