cardan/swingarm frame disassembly

I don't understand the question, but from what I do get, you need to remove the swing arm. The Becker stand will work if you ensure the front of the bike is weighted enough to tip forward when on the stand.

1: Remove rear wheel, Exhaust, Rear Brake Caliper, Saddle Bags etc.
2: Remove Bevel Box
3: Remove side covers that hide the swingarm bolts/nuts
4: Remove ABS/Brake line from swing arm
5: Unfasten drive shaft dirt boot at front of drive shaft
6: Remove Swing Arm lock nut using Triumph special tool
7: Remove Swing Arm bolts using large hex
8: Hold Swing Arm about level and pull straight away from frame, it will come out.

#6 in the diagram has a high torque lock nut on it. It requires the triumph special tool, or to make one using an old socket on some Rocket 3s.

For example my 2014 I could remove with only the allen key easily, on the 2006, I broke a 1/2" drive, 3 foot long breaker bar trying to use the hex only. Special tool was required, and removed it easily.

The larger of the two listed is for the swing arm, the smaller is for the engine bolts. The engine bolt one is usually not necessary, the lock but on them gets a lot less torque than the swing arm lock nut does.

I think I just tapped my lock ring free with a engineers flat screw driver blade on the WA sourced frame that @Mittzy has now.

6 Adjuster Assy, S/Arm T2057118
BACK ORDER NO STOCK
US$33.82 excl. VAT (£26.18)

17 WRENCH,LOCK RING 38MM OD T3880062
BACK ORDER NO STOCK
US$30.21 excl. VAT (£23.38)

6b249fe6ba092d435e9d29c14e4102d7.png

I don't understand the question, but from what I do get, you need to remove the swing arm. The Becker stand will work if you ensure the front of the bike is weighted enough to tip forward when on the stand.

8: Hold Swing Arm about level and pull straight away from frame, it will come out.

#6 in the diagram has a high torque lock nut on it. It requires the triumph special tool, or to make one using an old socket on some Rocket 3s.

For example my 2014 I could remove with only the allen key easily, on the 2006, I broke a 1/2" drive, 3 foot long breaker bar trying to use the hex only. Special tool was required, and removed it easily.
Sounds about right. The only thing I dud different was to use a brass drift and a 36 oz. Ball peen to shock the lock nuts loose. Used the triumph tools to install when I went back together with it. I also used a chain fall on a trolley from a 12 inch steel I beam to do my lifting.

I'm sure problem is mine since I don't know how express my request to you.
Could I remove swingrm locknut with other tool excluding Triumph tool.
I think these set steps is simple so I hope do it without trouble.
Possibly will come out some oil so I will put it but nothing else.

Last edited:
Back