can't get locking gas cap off!!!!!

WATTDOGG

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 ROCKET iii TOURING
I have a new r3t less than a month old as well as the gas cap. the key turns, the cap clicks when locked. When unlocked it just turns. Just wondering if anyone has any Ideas? before I take it back to the dealership.

Possibly vacuum locked. Not sure if this applies to you but it has been reported on this forum before. Of course riding to the dealer cant hurt....unless they bring out a big a$$ screwdriver.
:thumbsdown:

mutt

once it's unlocked, are you turning it counter clockwise? You should feel resistance. Keep turning
Yes, I was being a dumbA$$. I did not realize that it is actually locked or unlocked withe the key in or out,but after watching a YouTube video I got it off. Thanks

WOW. I had the same problem. I kept on riding it though. Now it's so low on gas it just sits in my garage. I tried the above trick and the cap came right off. But now I can't make it to the gas station before it runs out.:oops:

WOW. I had the same problem. I kept on riding it though. Now it's so low on gas it just sits in my garage. I tried the above trick and the cap came right off. But now I can't make it to the gas station before it runs out.:oops:

Better sell it before what gas is left evaporates!

Back