Cam chain only has 4 links vs 5

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
Just purchased a new cam kit upon comparison the chain only has 4 links the one I have taken out has 5? Just been back to triumph and they say its the only chain listed for this model and aren't sure what going on, the sprockets are 38 tooth but visibly narrower. Has anybody come across this problem.

Screenshot_20200319_171930_jp.naver.line.android.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep chain changed the begining of the Roadsters. If your running stock springs and cams it should make a difference.
Last question how do you go about Torquing the cam ladder at the rear that bloody frame has cramped the space for a small torque wrench

Yep chain changed the begining of the Roadsters. If your running stock springs and cams it should make a difference.

Warp did you mean to say "Should NOT make a difference ?

I am installing Neville Lush Racing Cams and Valve Springs/Retainers. I want to replace my cam chain while in there.

My current cam chain is the original 9 link chain. Do I need to get something more robust or will this superseded 7 link chain from Triumph work ?

Warp did you mean to say "Should NOT make a difference ?

I am installing Neville Lush Racing Cams and Valve Springs/Retainers. I want to replace my cam chain while in there.

My current cam chain is the original 9 link chain. Do I need to get something more robust or will this superseded 7 link chain from Triumph work ?
Yes sir you were right typo :)
The voltage from brain to finger tip is a little erratic:D

Last edited:
Back