Thanks, but I need the other piece (the longer one.

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_194101488.jpg
    IMG_20200502_194101488.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 27
if you can't find a replacement most decent welding shops can weld build up that tab and then drill out the hole for you. even cast aluminum can be welded it just takes a good welder, decent skills / procedure and the correct filler material.
here is a great place for welding information: Cast Aluminum Welding Repairs
The difference being you would be welding straight beads over the top of each other until you have the shape you want. the contour (file or sand) to finish and drill opening. 4047 or 4043 and run a argon/helium blend on gas.
unfortunately i'm deployed or i would offer to weld it up for you for the cost of materials and shipping. but most weld shops that do aluminum can do this. i used 4043 on a busa case i did last year and it worked like a champ.

Looking for a shifter lever for 2008 or newer Tourer. Mine broke in two.
when did this break on ya, getting gears, going for 1st at a stop, just found it like that or by other dasterdly means, I sure don’t wanna see mine in that position so i ponder on your reply, howd that happen

I'm not positive. I believe it happened during racing a new Indian. I think it happened when shifting to fifth gear. I missed that shift and had to try again. It's happened to me before because of my heal being in the wrong place. It went into fifth, but when I came to a 45 mph curve running 120 or so I went to downshift and noticed the gear shifter was not connected and way out of position. So, I'm not positive, but I get pretty excited when racing this particular buddy of mine and I may have hit it too hard, but I believe it just happened because I've done this a hundred times or so. I have two R3T and one has over 30,000 miles and that bike has performed this kind of treatment more times than I can count. I ended up ordering a new one shifter and noticed the part has a superseded part number. So it may be Triumph may have had some problems with it and has redesigned it a little or has made it out of stronger material.

Last edited:
Back