BREAKING NEWS:Harley Davidson closing a plant due to declining sales.

well I am on my second transmission problems both had the 4th and 5th getting on and off the gears a 2013 and a 2012 motors had to send the last trans to shop in NY for back cutting clip and grooves and a stronger 4th gear and I am in for the same amount of money you mentionned each time:mad::mad:

It seems a hopeless design. I mainly have Harleys and the gearboxes are are sound on them.
In fact I have never had a problem except the twin cam tensioner replacement at 25000 miles.

It seems a hopeless design. I mainly have Harleys and the gearboxes are are sound on them.
In fact I have never had a problem except the twin cam tensioner replacement at 25000 miles.
yes hopeless and under designed

Really you are very lucky. 89,000 miles on a 2010 Fatboy (which basically stopped riding in 2015) Lets see here. First off stator went south at about 1,500 miles which of course blew the voltage regulator out. Replaced with AMERICAN MADE PARTS vice the china special. Next brake light mechanism had to be replaced at about 3,000 miles. 20,000 miles the rear wheel bearings took a #hit. (every 20,000 rear wheel bearings needed to be replace due to bad design) Motor compensator replaced at 30,000 due to design flaws. Transmission bearing replaced at 35,000 due to auto chain tension-er holding primary chain to tight. Forgot about the primary seals leaking at 5,000 miles which Harley fought me on over on the warranty. Major flaw with clutch basket that went south at 20,000 miles due to improper heat treating of part in the factory in (CHINA) Bought a high dollar AMERICAN made clutch and never looked back. Lets see here 2015 ROCKET X 39,000 miles and not even a hiccup. Have spent a bit doing upgrades but bike for bike i will ride the ROCKET X. Get a good laugh out of Harley Davidson but get one hell of a bike from TRIUMPH. Would you like it better if i told you how i really feel :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

2015 triumph tiger exsplorer 5000miles crankshaft nut worked loose wreaked the whole motor.
2015 rocket 3 roadster 6500miles gearbox gone engine gone.
am i glad i had them under warrantee.
i would never buy another triumph again.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

2015 triumph tiger exsplorer 5000miles crankshaft nut worked loose wreaked the whole motor.
2015 rocket 3 roadster 6500miles gearbox gone engine gone.
am i glad i had them under warrantee.
i would never buy another triumph again.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
That's rough. I on the other hand have had nothing but satisfaction.

sonny,
when i got the rocket i though this is a keeper :whitstling:

i loved it but the mrs loves it better than me,but when i get it back from triumph with a brand new motor i honestly do not know what to do with it,get rid or keep it ,i will see what warrantee they give me with it ??:whitstling:

Really you are very lucky. 89,000 miles on a 2010 Fatboy (which basically stopped riding in 2015) Lets see here. First off stator went south at about 1,500 miles which of course blew the voltage regulator out. Replaced with AMERICAN MADE PARTS vice the china special. Next brake light mechanism had to be replaced at about 3,000 miles. 20,000 miles the rear wheel bearings took a #hit. (every 20,000 rear wheel bearings needed to be replace due to bad design) Motor compensator replaced at 30,000 due to design flaws. Transmission bearing replaced at 35,000 due to auto chain tension-er holding primary chain to tight. Forgot about the primary seals leaking at 5,000 miles which Harley fought me on over on the warranty. Major flaw with clutch basket that went south at 20,000 miles due to improper heat treating of part in the factory in (CHINA) Bought a high dollar AMERICAN made clutch and never looked back. Lets see here 2015 ROCKET X 39,000 miles and not even a hiccup. Have spent a bit doing upgrades but bike for bike i will ride the ROCKET X. Get a good laugh out of Harley Davidson but get one hell of a bike from TRIUMPH. Would you like it better if i told you how i really feel :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

It looks like I have been lucky then. My Road king is a 2003 model. Where they better made then. It has 35000 miles from new. As I have other bikes it us not used every day. I guess it may not have enough miles on it yet.

Back