BREAKING NEWS:Harley Davidson closing a plant due to declining sales.

This movement will not pass. Big bikes, freedom seekers, carnivores and the like are the modern mastadons. We lumber across the plains knowing that the ice age cometh and we too shall become extinct. The milenials shall inherit the earth and I'll be 62 this year so they probably cant destroy what we've struggled to build in what time I have left. Food trucks serving meat will be replaced with vegetarian affairs. We may be turned into Soylent Green eventually. Change is inevitable, resistance is futile. Ride your beasts and I'll ride mine like some scene from Mad Max until we are done. Smile at them, write in cursive (it's a secret code to them) and know that they are going to be the folks that will be paying the bills for us when we can't. Scary huh ? There are few folks left that think like we do. I've found the Victory crowd to be rather a dry bunch and not like the rabble rousers here. We are the few, the proud, the cowboys and cowgirls of our time. Ride out into your sunset, I'll be out there too.

****! That’s some good sh!t right there

Rainman, STB, TomCat, Hellfire, Her3tic, JoseyR3Wales, Rktnmypkt, Mexican, XHD Skip ScotInExile, Rocket Scientist, Hanso , the old guard, and so many other ruffians. The newbies here know nothing of the heritage in these pages. Riders, just plain riders.

This movement will not pass. Big bikes, freedom seekers, carnivores and the like are the modern mastadons. We lumber across the plains knowing that the ice age cometh and we too shall become extinct. The milenials shall inherit the earth and I'll be 62 this year so they probably cant destroy what we've struggled to build in what time I have left. Food trucks serving meat will be replaced with vegetarian affairs. We may be turned into Soylent Green eventually. Change is inevitable, resistance is futile. Ride your beasts and I'll ride mine like some scene from Mad Max until we are done. Smile at them, write in cursive (it's a secret code to them) and know that they are going to be the folks that will be paying the bills for us when we can't. Scary huh ? There are few folks left that think like we do. I've found the Victory crowd to be rather a dry bunch and not like the rabble rousers here. We are the few, the proud, the cowboys and cowgirls of our time. Ride out into your sunset, I'll be out there too.

I refuse to go quietly.................

IMAG0213.jpeg
Once we were a free people moving about at will.

Rainman, STB, TomCat, Hellfire, Her3tic, JoseyR3Wales, Rktnmypkt, Mexican, XHD Skip ScotInExile, Rocket Scientist, Hanso , the old guard, and so many other ruffians. The newbies here know nothing of the heritage in these pages. Riders, just plain riders.

You realize this is the mentality that is killing the "old guard". Instead of being inclusive and getting to know the new riders, the old guard is alienating, not the new riders, themselves out of existence.

HD is the prime example.

Not really. We're friendly. They would rather buy an inexpensive Vespa and sneakers and a retro helmet. They don't have the cabbage to shell out for large bikes nor could they hold one up at slow speeds.

Last year during the toy runs i was really surprised at the amount of new Indians attending. Got around to talking and most of the folks on the Indians had the same story. They were fed up with Harley Davidson's and wanted something different. 98% of these folks did not even know that the Rocket existed. When I commented that I ride a Rocket X usually got a deer in the headlight look. I would say that unless Harley can come up with something unique that there sells will continue to fall. The only thing that Harley has really pushed the last few years are there baggers. That may appeal to some but they have really limited their market to a specific crowd. Not everyone wants or desires loud stereos and an array of gadgets to play with. This and the fact that there is a good supply of quality used Harley's on the market is not helping new sales. Image can only take you so far. Most of the younger crowd have no interest in Harley Davidson. Not only out of their budget but nothing really directed at their age group. Sad.

The new softail models seem intended to appeal...some of them I dig, and I am usually a bagger type. The Rocket type, but baggers nonetheless....I could certainly have and do have bikes for blasting around on shorter trips. But what I have in that line is paid for so I keep it. Besides, younger millenials think it's cool when I ride around on a bike older than they are!

I refuse to go quietly.................

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Back