Braking during cornering

@Claviger Rob,
Correctamundo regarding slight use of the rear brake. That will set up your front end to help resist dive.
I would say use of the front brake for trail braking needs to be more judicious a company with more practice and more skill. More times than not I trail brake using only the rear.
Entering too hot at the last minute requires use of both brakes at threshold while maintaining your bike upright.

Brake hard before leaning. Let the front brake go and then lean keeping the rear ON. This also helps me keep my right foot tucked to the bike. I tend to lead with my foot out. 1rst or 2nd gear with some throttle ON.

Have made the mistake of pulling the clutch while leaning. The bike wants to straighten up. :eek:. It likes to be powered to turn right. (That's when it was going to 2000 rpm on its own.) Once I see a clear coast ahead I can throttle up and release the rear brake. This works for my novice rider skill level.

Brake hard before leaning. Let the front brake go and then lean keeping the rear ON. This also helps me keep my right foot tucked to the bike. I tend to lead with my foot out. 1rst or 2nd gear with some throttle ON.

Have made the mistake of pulling the clutch while leaning. The bike wants to straighten up. :eek:. It likes to be powered to turn right. (That's when it was going to 2000 rpm on its own.) Once I see a clear coast ahead I can throttle up and release the rear brake. This works for my novice rider skill level.
EASY BOYS racing tactics for riding too fast on public roads slow down and relax and save the road racing for the track

Back