Not just your first born, your house too. You can live in a tent with your R3.

I don't have a problem with that!

Hubby might, though...

Found TTS's website. Yeah... it is kinda pricey. I want more bang for that much moolah. Anyone heard reports on some of the turbo systems I've seen out there? Seen one a while ago which fits nicely where the cat-box normally would. Looked like a real clean, near-invisible setup.

I think that would be the Turbo Connections setup. I'm not sure many people are going that route, awhile back that outfit was somewhat unresponsive to new orders. It isn't cheap either. It does offer more of a "sleeper" style than the supercharger. Possibly more lag time too.

Actually... these gizmos give you a lot of bang for the buck. You really begin to hit a wall dollarwise after these bolt ons... things like $3500 carbon wheels and such. Complete engine teardowns to blueprint and balance should be on the list but won't be cheap. Headwork, pistons and cams can really run up the tab. But... its all necessary for a narrow focus bike that racks up mileage a quarter mile at a time.

"All it takes is money... how fast do you want to go?"

I forgot

Didn't we all buy cruisers?? You guy's get these things going to fast and we are going to be scraping you all off the street. I know these things handle great and I can't believe how smooth they are at 130 just ask the cop who was behind me, but has anyone taken it to the edge were it starts to get squirrelly. Without aero to these bikes it is hard to believe they still run smooth at high speeds (160's+).
What’s the fastest anyone has gone and how did it handle at that speed. I've hit 140 but didn't stay. I've cruised at 130 for a couple miles and it was smooth.

Lets see, last summer I screwed it down and held it for about 8 miles. The speedo was all the way to the end, indicating 155. She wouldn't go no faster. Allowing for the 7% idiot factor that puts me around 144.15. You have to factor in the 7% from whatever the speedometer says. All the bikes are off unless a Tunboy is employed with speedo correction, at least that's what Piggr says. The bike was solid as a rock, no headshake, nothing. The motor makes a wonderful, almost primal sound. The windshield and the lowers never faltered. The plexi windshield on my old '01 1000 Thundercat snowmobile would flatten down at 150. The speed seems less on the bike than the sled however. 150 on the sled is about 6" off the ice and the closer you are to the ground, the faster any given velocity seems.

I did the stupid thing on the R3 to wax a V-Rod.....somenumofa*****.:D

Didn't we all buy cruisers?? You guy's get these things going to fast and we are going to be scraping you all off the street. I know these things handle great and I can't believe how smooth they are at 130 just ask the cop who was behind me, but has anyone taken it to the edge were it starts to get squirrelly. Without aero to these bikes it is hard to believe they still run smooth at high speeds (160's+).
What’s the fastest anyone has gone and how did it handle at that speed. I've hit 140 but didn't stay. I've cruised at 130 for a couple miles and it was smooth.

Wasn't really my point, though! I don't wanna go fast, I just don't want to use any more time getting to the speed limit than necessary! 115 is a fast as I've gone, so far, and that was plenty.

Might do the engine "properly" when something breaks or it just wears out. Though it's more expensive, I like the traditional naturally-aspirated route better. Porting, cams, compression, etc... it all just results, if you've done your homework, in a better motor. I've built quite a few now; around forty or so. I can't see the R3 being more problematic than my Yamaha Raptor's five-valve single (suffers from similar stock build quirks... low compression, wimpy cam, weedy ports, etc).

Alister

Wasn't really my point, though! I don't wanna go fast, I just don't want to use any more time getting to the speed limit than necessary! 115 is a fast as I've gone, so far, and that was plenty.
Amen Alister, thats called the Exzilleration of excelleration.. Jack

Back