That's a good question.....I just took the forks down to the dealer to do the changeout.....probably same as stock, whatever weight that is...... :confused:
..:bch:

Believe stock is SAE 5. Know that Wilbers advocate the use of a thicker oil, i.e. SAE 7.5 , with their progressive front fork springs as I installed them a couple of months ago.

There's an improvement over the stock springs and oil: More... progressive damping, as you'd expect ;) and reduced front brake-induced nose-diving. Plus my bike, already fitted with (relatively stiff, no matter the settings) Wilbers rear shocks, now has a much better fore-and-aft suspension balance.

But, quite frankly, I expected more tangible benefits:confused:. I'll experiment with SAE 10 weight next time the bike is due for service.

Jamie

cheyenne

With all of the couches and carpeting we could all stay in his garage.

AAAAAAAAHHHHH NNNNOOOOOOO..HaHA Seriously your all very welcome..AAAHHH come for fronter days..Free pancake breakfasts an lots of friendly hospitality, night shows,rodeo,parades and real cowboys and indians.. And cool weather. Crazy Jack

Believe stock is SAE 5. Know that Wilbers advocate the use of a thicker oil, i.e. SAE 7.5 , with their progressive front fork springs as I installed them a couple of months ago.

There's an improvement over the stock springs and oil: More... progressive damping, as you'd expect ;) and reduced front brake-induced nose-diving. Plus my bike, already fitted with (relatively stiff, no matter the settings) Wilbers rear shocks, now has a much better fore-and-aft suspension balance.

But, quite frankly, I expected more tangible benefits:confused:. I'll experiment with SAE 10 weight next time the bike is due for service.

Jamie[/quote

|Jamie, with consulting the shop manual, I presume changing the fron fork oil on the R3 is about the same as the Bonnie, you have to remove the legs and invert them as there is no provision for a bottom drain, right?

Sidecar Flip;18344/quote |Jamie said:
Right, I'd venture to say. But I am not 100% sure as a friend of mine who had already performed the Wilbers spring transplant helped me out. Meaning he did all the hard work... Took us a couple of hours, though.

If you have a fax number:confused:, I'll send you Wilber's "how to" instructions in english. Best. Jamie

Back