Bike Bandit BLOG: Large motorcycles are a dying segment

....and keep in mind fellas 50 yrs old and over; millennials are YOUR fault :whitstling:
Not me, I am very happily leaving my DNA to turn to dust, ash or Solent Green unless there is a new mutant Human/Latex Marvel 'Flexo' Rubber Man around somewhere.;):D:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I was born in 1984 so I believe that is close to the beginning of what people consider a millennial. I ride a Roadster formerly a Street Glide and a Softail Deuce. I find myself having an old soul I grew up riding bikes I got my driver's license as soon as possible. I believe many my age and younger don't even hardly get driver's license anymore they don't even have a desire or an interest in cars or bikes they're more interested in technology, clean energy, protesting and pretty much crying about anything and everything. I don't understand many in my generation. Thankfully I grew up in small town that must have been slightly behind the times so driving around looking for girls and fast loud cars and bikes we're still cool!

Ish,
Generations are 10 years.
Age 0 to 10 is the first.
Age 70 to 80 is the eighth.
:p :p :rolleyes: :roll:

When the discussions about big bikes come up I seem to remember the same thoughts in the 90's. I'm old enough (58), to remember growing up next door to a couple brothers who rode and worked on big bikes. They were late teens and early 20s. Both young men were small town. They were polite, respectful to the older people in our small town. They were my heroes. Both are now in there 60s. Back in the day, they rode Triumphs. I seem to recall the "big bikes" being 500cc and 650cc. Both brothers crossed my path yesterday. The older one reminded me that they used to ride "big bike Triumphs". A truly, shrinking breed.

Ish,

Your lot must start breeding early 0-10.;):p:D

Decades are 10 years.
Generations are very different:
http://mccrindle.com.au/resources/w...ABC-01_Generations-Defined_Mark-McCrindle.pdf
Traditionally, a generation has been defined as ‘the average interval of time between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring’.1 This biological definition has placed a generation for millennia at around 20–25 years in span. While in the past this definition has served sociologists well, it is irrelevant today. Because cohorts are changing so quickly in response to new technologies, changing career and study options and shifting societal values, two decades is far too broad a generational span. Also, if we apply a biological definition today, a generation would span a larger time than ever as childbirth is pushed back later than ever. On average, the time between birth of parents and birth of their offspring has stretched out from two decades to more than three. In 1982, the median age of a woman having her first baby was 25, while today it is 31.2 So today generations are defined sociologically rather than biologically. A generation refers to a cohort of people born within a similar span of time (15 years at the upper end) who share a comparable age and life stage and who were shaped by a particular span of time (events, trends and developments)

More:
Generation - Wikipedia

Ish,

...octogenarian (and all other prefixes for that matter) is old french ergo latin and roughly translates to containing eighty. 80 doesn't contain 80 until you get to 80...Therefore the term refers to ppl in their 80's not in their 8th decade...class dismissed

Back