Bike Bandit BLOG: Large motorcycles are a dying segment

I have noticed that Indian is making an effort to come out with different configurations of the Scout.

Have you seen the Scout Bobber? Today I saw a scrambler configuration on Facebook?

I am not a fan of the Scout any more than the Sportster. They seem to make the smaller bikes limited in the scope of what they can do.

I mean I love my R3T, but if I had to jump on my 2005 America and go coast to coast I would do it without any consideration. Wellll other than packing some chain lube.

2018 Indian Scout Bobber Motorcycle - Thunder Black

Mostly because the millennials I've met on a bike had no balls...zero. Way more interested in looking cool than performance, or even riding very far. As long as the bike would make it from their house to the bar and didn't wrinkle their skinny jeans in the process it would do. Pretty sure gone are the days when folk worked on their own bikes and rode them the way they were meant to.

Mostly because the millennials I've met on a bike had no balls...zero. Way more interested in looking cool than performance, or even riding very far. As long as the bike would make it from their house to the bar and didn't wrinkle their skinny jeans in the process it would do. Pretty sure gone are the days when folk worked on their own bikes and rode them the way they were meant to.
surprises me how many people cant do simple maintenance let alone anything more technical

As technical the new bikes are becoming I believe in the not to distance future we will soon only be able to do basic maintance.

There was a time when 650 cc was the king of the road.

When most roads were gravel and you had to understand that riding on gravel was like steering a boat on water. You had to let the front tire float and gently guide as it planed.

At the end of the day you would pull under over on the side of a country road take your night roll and sleep under a bridge. Bath the cool water of a creek feeling the minnows swimming in the current.

Stop at a diner and get as many cups of coffee you wanted for a nickle and breakfast for under a buck.

$20.00 was a weeks worth of adventure.

Today everyone is so into technology they have forgotten how to live.

Admit it we are dinosaurs. All we can hope to do is pass on what we know so there is always a candle of hope for others to follow.

Lets face it kids today are basically priced out of the market....!! I have parents pleading with me to give their sons a job for the summer,most live at home with their parents. The average house here that was $50K in the 70's is going for $300K+...rental apartments and houses that were $300 are now $1300-$2500... At 18 i lived pretty good on $50 a week.. I wouldn't want to be a kid today..:(

There was a time when 650 cc was the king of the road.

When most roads were gravel and you had to understand that riding on gravel was like steering a boat on water. You had to let the front tire float and gently guide as it planed.

At the end of the day you would pull under over on the side of a country road take your night roll and sleep under a bridge. Bath the cool water of a creek feeling the minnows swimming in the current.

Stop at a diner and get as many cups of coffee you wanted for a nickle and breakfast for under a buck.

$20.00 was a weeks worth of adventure.

Today everyone is so into technology they have forgotten how to live.

Admit it we are dinosaurs. All we can hope to do is pass on what we know so there is always a candle of hope for others to follow.

I am older now.

Roughing it is either a Howard Johnson or Motel 8.

The end of the day is an air conditioned room, a shower, a couple of Advil, and a hot meal with a couple of beers, or 3.

Back