Best Tire Size for Handling

There are not many 130s that have the load rating we need. If you ride to limit a 130 could become dangerous when the big beast gets to pushing hard in a corner and loads up that front sidewall. But if you are mature and never loose control you may be ok with a 67 which alot of 130s are. Easier for a 17in than the 16.s, just food for thought on load and speed rating.
Excellent advice. I researched front tire options as I was not happy with the handling on the stock sized Metzler that was on the bike. Based on the advice of some respected members here, I decided to experiment with the 130. I knew that pushing the Big Girl hard through the twisties, especially with my big ass on it , was not an option. I ended up taking the 130 off before its time and installed a 140 Avon Cobra. Pretty happy with it.

Excellent advice. I researched front tire options as I was not happy with the handling on the stock sized Metzler that was on the bike. Based on the advice of some respected members here, I decided to experiment with the 130. I knew that pushing the Big Girl hard through the twisties, especially with my big ass on it , was not an option. I ended up taking the 130 off before its time and installed a 140 Avon Cobra. Pretty happy with it.
I want to try a 140

I want to try a 140
Running on Front:
Avon Cobra Chrome AV91 140/75R-17 ($164 at Rocky Mountain ATV)
Running on rear:
Bridgestone Excedra Max 240 ($160 at Rocky Mountain ATV)

Pretty happy with the combo. I seems to get a better mileage with the Excedra Max rear than the
Metzler, but that's still only about 4K miles (vs 3K for the Metzler).

Running on Front:
Avon Cobra Chrome AV91 140/75R-17 ($164 at Rocky Mountain ATV)
Running on rear:
Bridgestone Excedra Max 240 ($160 at Rocky Mountain ATV)

Pretty happy with the combo. I seems to get a better mileage with the Excedra Max rear than the
Metzler, but that's still only about 4K miles (vs 3K for the Metzler).
Out of interest, do it look noticeably smaller?

Smaller than the factory tire, but not odd on the bike. See for yourself.

Attachments

• Track - 1 (1).jpeg
    Track - 1 (1).jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 26
Several guys have tried a 130, none I know of stayed with it. I talked to 1olbull, it does screw up antilock brakes function, too.

"I talked to 1olbull, it does screw up antilock brakes function, too."

Good point. I have a 2005, so no ABS, but yes, I have read where the difference between the stock and the 130 can screw up ABS. From what I have read, it seems that the 140 is less likely to cause ABS issues.

the 140 lowers the bike 1/2 inch in the front. bike stands up more on the stand.
i went into a curve to fast or was not paying attention soo i was leaned over and moving toward the yellow stripes so i muscled it on down till the floor board
was rubbing hard and the front forks started to wobble (real pucker moment) then it just came up and i could breathe:eek:

the 140 lowers the bike 1/2 inch in the front. bike stands up more on the stand.
i went into a curve to fast or was not paying attention soo i was leaned over and moving toward the yellow stripes so i muscled it on down till the floor board
was rubbing hard and the front forks started to wobble (real pucker moment) then it just came up and i could breathe:eek:
Stud!

Back