best replacement battery?

Ok brother. Just didn't want to feel like you were thinking I steered you wrong. I still hate that you wasted that money.

Looks like I may have to replace my battery, it's showing signs of losing charge quicker. I think it's the original but not sure, I've not owned the bike from new.
Does anyone have any view on this Yuasa?

Out of interest, I don't have electricity to my garage but I do have a modest solar panel on the garage door which I connect to my bike through the accessory socket on the left hand side panel. Seems to do the trick (If I remember to plug it in :rolleyes: :whitstling: )

Thats the original battery & 4 years is about average. Replaced with Motobatt MBTX20U which kicks the donk over smartly and fits perfectly. Mixed reviews but so far does what I want from a battery.

YOU can purchase a Lithium battery that is 500 cranking amps

My Roadster is due for a replacement battery, the original is 54 month old, left the lights on for about 15 minutes and had to get a push start, next time I may be so lucky.

What is the make and model of the Lithium battery you mentioned.

I put one in by 2001 Bonneville 4 or 5 years ago and it starts no problem even after leaving the bike sit for 6 month.

For me it's the Yuasa YTX20HL-BS. Comes dry with acid packs, so you know it's going to be fresh from the get go. 310 CCA is more than adequate for the beast. I keep mine on an Optimate if I am not going to being riding for a week....always hooked up during the winter months. A new battery every two or three years is a rule I live by.

Any opinions about this one?
720 cranking amps and Lithium Ion . . .

Been reading up on the benefits of Lithium Ion over lead acid. One thing jumped out, be careful what charger you use. if your charger has an anti sulphating cycle, do not use it on a lithium battery.
Bullet point 5
*Less weight approx 1/3 of lead acid battery
  • *Less pollution - no acid, no heavy metals like lead, cadmium and mercury
  • *No spillage - contains no acid
  • *Safer - non-polluting, non-explosive and non-combustible (in normal use!)
  • *Greater cycle life - around 2000 charge cycles compared with 2-300 for lead acid
  • *Easy charging with any standard 12V battery charger (NB should not be used with any charger which includes an anti-sulphation cycle) We have suitable chargers in stock
  • *Ideal for "Total Loss" race bikes, can be re-charged to 90% of capacity in around 6 minutes
  • *Very low discharge when not in use
On the face of it, like for like batteries they seem to be competitive with Lead acid apart from possibly having to buy a new charger.
Lithium ion12V Motorcycle battery YTX4L-BS

Back