Been a while since I checked in! How's everyone doing?

BillB

Turbocharged
Ride
2013 R3T, 1960 Franken-Pan
Laurel and I took a consolation trip up to the mountains a couple of weeks ago because my knee is so shot that there was no way that I could make the Texas run even in the truck. One of Jerry the knife makers buds rides so he offered to take us on a 3 hour loop of his favorite roads. What a hoot! If you have not been on route 80 up near Spruce Pine, ya need to put that one on your bucket list!

A few years ago Paul @Joesmoe and I were having a conversation regarding heavy motorcycles and the inexorable progression of age and riding said heavy motorcycles. The last thing he said was "time waits for no one"

About 2 hours into that 3 hour ride I realized that time, my arthritic joints and the weight of the Rocket had intersected and I need a lighter motorcycle. It bums me out but sometimes ya just have to accept the reality of the situation.

Will be posting the beast in the classifieds today. Its got a lot of performance stuff on it, with a bunch of extras and the stock parts. I would prefer to sell the whole lot at once, but am open to selling just the bike as it sits for a lesser price and sell the extras separately. Or, I could put all the stock stuff back on it and drop the price accordingly.

Hope that y'all let me keep hanging around one I am rocketless

Laurel and I took a consolation trip up to the mountains a couple of weeks ago because my knee is so shot that there was no way that I could make the Texas run even in the truck. One of Jerry the knife makers buds rides so he offered to take us on a 3 hour loop of his favorite roads. What a hoot! If you have not been on route 80 up near Spruce Pine, ya need to put that one on your bucket list!

A few years ago Paul @Joesmoe and I were having a conversation regarding heavy motorcycles and the inexorable progression of age and riding said heavy motorcycles. The last thing he said was "time waits for no one"

About 2 hours into that 3 hour ride I realized that time, my arthritic joints and the weight of the Rocket had intersected and I need a lighter motorcycle. It bums me out but sometimes ya just have to accept the reality of the situation.

Will be posting the beast in the classifieds today. Its got a lot of performance stuff on it, with a bunch of extras and the stock parts. I would prefer to sell the whole lot at once, but am open to selling just the bike as it sits for a lesser price and sell the extras separately. Or, I could put all the stock stuff back on it and drop the price accordingly.

Hope that y'all let me keep hanging around one I am rocketless
Bill were your ears burning? Folks on the Texas trip were wondering where you've been. Glad to hear you doing ok but sorry you got your Rocket up for sale. ☹️. Somebody's going to get a smokin deal. Get something light and we'll see you at the next hootenanny.

Last edited:
Bill were your ears burning? Folks on the Texas trip were wondering where you've been. Glad to hear you doing ok but sorry you got your Rocket up for sale. ☹️. Somebody's going to get a smokin deal. Get something light and we'll see you at the next hootenanny.

Boy I'll say! Little brother Clint did his best to call me up and twist my arm, you can count on that!!

Back