Battery Woes???

Odyssey PC-545MJ Fits!

Got the Odyssey PC-545MJ (the one with the metal jacket) from Batteries Plus. It fits perfectly with no modification required. Tool kit is unaffected.

Engine cranks with a whole new spirit. Much better than the two Yuasa YTX20's I've gone through in 2 years.

The metal jacket is recommended for very hot environments (like right over top of the catalytic converter in the R3). It keeps the battery case from swelling, which will affect the tight plate clearances in the AGM.

Even though the 545 is 80 amps lower than the 625, I preferred the metal jacket and the fact that I could keep my tool kit in place with no mods. It still whips the factory battery hands down.

Odyssey PC545MJ

Txclassic, thanks for the recommendation of the battery. I am hoping that my battery is not beyond salvage, but as HeR3tic said the running of the cycle for a couple of minutes last fall each week probably did more harm than good. As far as the tool kit is concerned, since I have the beetle bags I carry a lot more complete set of tools than what Triumph provided, so even if I go with Odyssey's 625 it will not bother me to lose the OEM tool kit but your recommendation deserves a look as well. We'll see.

Dennis

28 dtg Dubai
29 dtg Home

Back