Bart is looking tough

Sidecar Flip

Living Legend
20150 Mc Carty Rd. Deerfield, Michigan 49238
Just wanted to pass along about my BIL Bart. He sent me a waist up frontal picture yesterday. He's got a purple herbie the size of a large pizza around his shoulder and down his chest. It must hurt to breathe, at least it looks like it does.:p

He's waiting for parts to come in so the R3 can get back together. Seems as though the tow company did more damage than the sudden stop did.

I'll say one thing. He's not a quitter. Just waiting for the bike to get whole again and get mended himself so he can go Rocketing.

Good for Bart... we are all pulling for him.

He's right about tow companies... I've seen some of the locals really screw some cars up. After they rip half your suspension out dragging your car up a roll back they send you a bill that usually works out to about $25 a mile :mad:. Some people's cars aren't worth what they charge, those are the ones you see dead on the side of the road with no plates.

Is Bart at home or is he in the hospital?

Ouch

I remember tripping over my own feet a few years ago, falling forward to the asphalt and bumping my ribs. I couldn't breath well for over a month and just about died everytime I had to cough, laugh and especially sneeze. I can't imagine how much Bart's hurting right now but the good news is it will get better.......but how long that will take is up for grabs.

All the best Bart and your inspiration to recover is your renewal of the now infamous in law verbal sparring. I actually think your brother in law is going through withdrawal by having to say nice things about you and offer encouragement. :roll:

I went back to work a week ago, reduced hours. It was nice to get out of the house and think about something else than my fugged up body.

Work hurts, but the money will come in handy. Today was the first day without Vicodin, ouch. Back to off the shelf Tylenol and lots of bourbon now.

The Rocket is washed and polished. The bad parts are off and the new parts will be in this week. By the weekend it will be as good as new.

The Rocket takes a dump on a soft grassy shoulder very well with little damage. The radiator has a lot of flex although the sides crack, but that part is cheap. A long skid on the asphalt would do much more damage. The parts are costing me only $600. The tow and ambulance were $300. That is a cheap lesson in life, less than a grand:

You can never be too careful.

Bart:

What do you mean by flex but the sides crack? Do you refer to the plastic wings that attach to the radiator or the radiator itself. I had to adjust my radiator when I put the lowers on this summer and it does, indeed "flex" quite a bit. See ya on Turkey day and remember, I don't eat turkey. Ham or whatever Marian conjures up will be fine. I take it the whole crew is coming as usual?? Love the family kibitzing.:) We'll talk about Daytona bike week then.

Back