Barometric sensor move

What did you do with the vacuum lines when you plugged in the bap? At high altitude it is the lower O2 concentration that makes it hard to breathe, not the low pressure.

Just my opinion
edit this is wrong
I think that when u turn the ignition on that is when the ecu reads the barometric pressure from the map sensor then with motor running it reads vacum/mass air pressure
The temperature of air means a lot that is why most vehicles have tubes/runners going to the front of the car to pull cooler air and the air temp sensor is in that path of air
edit this is wrong

Last edited:
What did you do with the vacuum lines when you plugged in the bap? At high altitude it is the lower O2 concentration that makes it hard to breathe, not the low pressure.
The map sensor is in place with vacuum lines.
I just plugged another map sensor without lines into the gap plug & put in same place in airbox (only one bolt obviously)

Just my opinion
I think that when u turn the ignition on that is when the ecu reads the barometric pressure from the map sensor then with motor running it reads vacum/mass air pressure
The temperature of air means a lot that is why most vehicles have tubes/runners going to the front of the car to pull cooler air and the air temp sensor is in that path of air
Just seemed strange when I plugged in the correct bap sensor it didn't like it, but works ok with the map sensor 🤷‍♂️

Just my opinion
edit this is wrong
edit this is wrong

just looked at book and the book/manual and it is messed up it is calling the baro/ambient air sensor the map sensor
so u have (according to manual) AIR TEMPERTURE sensor and the baro/ambient air pressure sensor
then u have the map
looking at book u can't tell $hit

just looked at book and the book/manual and it is messed up it is calling the baro/ambient air sensor the map sensor
so u have (according to manual) AIR TEMPERTURE sensor and the baro/ambient air pressure sensor
then u have the map
looking at book u can't tell $hit
Yep a bit confusing.
Its quite easy to see where each one bolts to, but using 2 sensors the same to do supposedly 2 different jobs has got me amused 🤷‍♂️ & it works 😅

Back