Barometric sensor move

r3badboy

Supercharged
Ride
06 Rocket 3 & all years parts built R3 & 06 flood
Howdy, came across this post (pic) & wounder if anyone else has moved the Barometric sensor to a similar place & if so have you got info & pics please, cheers. 2010 & running 3 k&n's 🚀 😎

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-144024_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-144024_Chrome.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 23
How does air temperature affect barometric pressure in an open container? huummmm?
Got no idea 😅
Just seems feasible having some sort of air movement 🤔 or not?
Thinking of turning it upside down (pic) how say you rocket men 🤔

Attachments

• 20211201_160653.jpg
    20211201_160653.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 16
Howdy, came across this post (pic) & wounder if anyone else has moved the Barometric sensor to a similar place & if so have you got info & pics please, cheers. 2010 & running 3 k&n's 🚀 😎

First of all it is an AIT SENSOR
air intake temperature sensor not a barometer sensor.
And it needs to be near the air that is going into the throttle bodies.

So...Two different things.

1) The AIT or "Sensor, Air Temperature" (# 26 on the linked parts fiche) is mounted in the intake plumbing or near/in one of the air filters (especially if using the RamAir or K&N setups. This determines the temp of the outside air coming into the system to determine how dense it is and can also be used in place of/ in conjunction with the MAF (Mass airflow sensor) to aid the ECM in determining the amount of air entering the system.

2) The Barometric Sensor or "Sensor, Air Pressure, Airbox (#19) usually is used to help determine your outside air pressure (less barometric pressure = thinner air= less oxygen) Think high altitude makes it hard for YOU to breath (and...the same for your engine). This reads your surroundings and helps the ECM account for the thinner air at altitude and the opposite for sea level air. I am not sure I agree with the original statement that it is affected by heat to a great amount though. I have not actually tried it though to see.

Thinking out loud though for a moment....air on colder days IS MORE dense and on hotter days IS LESS dense, but in an unsealed system that heat can't really generate more air pressure............................

Just keep in mind that these are two different sensors and most of us are not necessarily used to seeing both used in an engine so it's easily confused.

So...Two different things.

1) The AIT or "Sensor, Air Temperature" (# 26 on the linked parts fiche) is mounted in the intake plumbing or near/in one of the air filters (especially if using the RamAir or K&N setups. This determines the temp of the outside air coming into the system to determine how dense it is and can also be used in place of/ in conjunction with the MAF (Mass airflow sensor) to aid the ECM in determining the amount of air entering the system.

2) The Barometric Sensor or "Sensor, Air Pressure, Airbox (#19) usually is used to help determine your outside air pressure (less barometric pressure = thinner air= less oxygen) Think high altitude makes it hard for YOU to breath (and...the same for your engine). This reads your surroundings and helps the ECM account for the thinner air at altitude and the opposite for sea level air. I am not sure I agree with the original statement that it is affected by heat to a great amount though. I have not actually tried it though to see.

Thinking out loud though for a moment....air on colder days IS MORE dense and on hotter days IS LESS dense, but in an unsealed system that heat can't really generate more air pressure............................

Just keep in mind that these are two different sensors and most of us are not necessarily used to seeing both used in an engine so it's easily confused.
Ok now I'll confuse you...I just got a air pressure sensor to replace the map sensor (used a map sensor cause didn't have aps)I had plugged in place of the air sensor (same plug fitting) & the bike ran like ****, so I plugged the map sensor back in & runs good...go figure???

Ok now I'll confuse you...I just got a air pressure sensor to replace the map sensor (used a map sensor cause didn't have aps)I had plugged in place of the air sensor (same plug fitting) & the bike ran like ****, so I plugged the map sensor back in & runs good...go figure???
So what I've researched is you can use a map sensor in place of your bap sensor...well my bike likes it that way so it's there to stay 🚀

Back