Barnett clutch

Help me, Masters

Finally all parts arrived today and I took out radiator and water pump. Now I am stuck in a dead end. I can't find how to take out chrome cooling pipe that hinders the clutch case cover off. Please tell me how you have done. All the bolt around the cover has taken out and oil was dripped. I only need this piece off to get to the clutch...Here's the pictures of the current status.

I am still in step 3 of Service Manual:

- Clutch Cover Removal -

1. Remove the radiator as described on page 12.11.
2. Remove the water pump as described on page 12.7.
3. Remove the coolant pipe running between the crankcase and water pump.
4. Disconnect the clutch cable as described on page 4.5.
5. Release the ring of bolts securing the clutch cover to the crankcases.
6. Place an oil catch tray beneath the clutch cover to collect any oil that may spill out on removal.
7. Carefully withdraw the cover disengaging the litter arm as it is eased forward.

Attachments

• R2_R0010607_R.JPG
    R2_R0010607_R.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 110
  • R2_R0010606_R.JPG
    R2_R0010606_R.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 106
Hey dude its easy take the one bolt out that goes thru the bracket on the cover then pull it out it only has a O-ring on it. If yours seems stuck its because it has been in there a while. You might have to pry it a little bit close to where it goes into the block. While twisting her back and fourth.

Before you take it out lower the front of the bike to drain a little more coolant out, then jack it back up. Its less messy that way.
Lube the O-ring before you stick it back in.

It could be a optical illusion/shadow but for a 06 the cover looks different from my 06 and 07. Can you look at the inside and get the casting number when you get her off? also look at the sticker on the left frame tube and see what the manufacture date is. Just curious as it could be the lighting screwing with me!!!!

Yes, the cooling pipe was just a matter of force. It opened now.
Pictures does not show but 12/05 is the manufactured date.
The only problem I see is worn friction plates.
Lifter piece and lifter shaft were normal wear probably.
I will replace them both of them in anyway.
Now I will need to go back and scrape and clean the gasket. it's tiring...

Attachments

• R2_R0010611_R.JPG
    R2_R0010611_R.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 97
  • R2_R0010614_R.JPG
    R2_R0010614_R.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 103
  • R2_R0010616_R.JPG
    R2_R0010616_R.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 95
Great I am glad she freed up for you. I see it has the same cover shape it must have been the angle of the picture messing with me. Please post pictures of your pressure plate and lifter piece. I see its a 05 build date right at the end of the year. I am curious as to when they changed the pressure plate. Also lets have a front shot to include the timing chain guide on the tensioner side. Close up so I can see which one of the three styles of guide was installed in her. Did she ever have the update kit installed in her?

Does it show what they are? I will go back and take more soon. Let me know if you want some more close up.

Attachments

• R2_R0010610_R.JPG
    R2_R0010610_R.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 110
Looks like the newer style pressure plate from this angle a close up would be better. And a close up of the guide on the left side of the crank as you face it from the front. When ever you get a chance. I am just trying to track when certain changes happened. I can tell by the guide yours has not had the update kit installed in her. This is good as it means another good tranny came off the line.
Thanks for taking the time to take pictures.

Here are more close ups. somehow I can only upload 3 pics at a time.
Well, I have done terrible thing after this.:(

while installing new set of plates and close the pressure plate, I wanted to use torque wrench for the first time.
4 of the bolts on the pressure plate went well with right torque and the last one failed...meaning torque wrench made no click sound and broke the head off from shaft. The shaft is still in the hole. I cannot believe how stupid I am not to be more cautious about it. Now I need to take out inner basket and replace it or extract the shaft which could be done by some professional because I don't have sufficient tools for it.

I will get into the bath tub and try to forget it for tonight...:eek:

Attachments

• R2_R0010626_R.JPG
    R2_R0010626_R.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 102
  • R2_R0010627_R.JPG
    R2_R0010627_R.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 101
  • R2_R0010632_R.JPG
    R2_R0010632_R.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 109
Back