Bag for Luggage Rack

Brien Crotty

.020 Over
Ride
2022 Triump Rocket 3 GT; 2017 Harley CVO Limited
Hello all! I am new to the group, having picked up a new Rocket 3 GT about a month ago. Among other accessories, I picked up the luggage rack that attaches to the back of the backrest mounts. Has anyone found a bag that fits well on it? I'm surprised Triumph isn't making and selling one, and I haven't found one yet that will fit well and attach easily to the rack.

Thanks!

B

Hello all! I am new to the group, having picked up a new Rocket 3 GT about a month ago. Among other accessories, I picked up the luggage rack that attaches to the back of the backrest mounts. Has anyone found a bag that fits well on it? I'm surprised Triumph isn't making and selling one, and I haven't found one yet that will fit well and attach easily to the rack.

Thanks!

B
This is what you need.
Rocket3 XL Rack with BD Travel Detailer Pack
IMG_4359__63501.1592243754.JPG

I saw that one, but only after I already ordered and installed the factory one, so I don't want to end up with two of them. That one almost looks a bit too large (disproportionate maybe) but may look different in person. For now, though, I'm stuck trying to find something that fits on the factory one to add at least some storage without having to put on saddlebags.

The search continues!

B

I saw that one, but only after I already ordered and installed the factory one, so I don't want to end up with two of them. That one almost looks a bit too large (disproportionate maybe) but may look different in person. For now, though, I'm stuck trying to find something that fits on the factory one to add at least some storage without having to put on saddlebags.

The search continues!

B

I think, you have to have the Triumph rack first to attach this one. So plan on twice the cost. :(

I think, you have to have the Triumph rack first to attach this one. So plan on twice the cost. :(
Yes, you purchase the triumph rack first, discard the biggest piece, keep the smallest which modify the back rest to allow a rack, then buy and use the lamonster rack instead...

Yes, you purchase the triumph rack first, discard the biggest piece, keep the smallest which modify the back rest to allow a rack, then buy and use the lamonster rack instead...
Ah, that makes sense. The Lamonster rack looks a bit big to me, though it is WAY more useful than the stock rack (and, no doubt given the other stuff I've gotten from Lamonster, of epic quality). I just need to find something small that fits on the Triumph rack - mainly for gloves and glasses, etc. Tough to find though!

B

Ah, that makes sense. The Lamonster rack looks a bit big to me, though it is WAY more useful than the stock rack (and, no doubt given the other stuff I've gotten from Lamonster, of epic quality). I just need to find something small that fits on the Triumph rack - mainly for gloves and glasses, etc. Tough to find though!

B
yes, I had an smaller bag there but still was overflowing to the sides....
no much space in the original rack, something like this will fit though...
1651592512264.png

Back