Cherokeekid78

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Well fellas things are not looking good for my beloved R3T. I wrecked yesterday after I clipped a car that was in front of me. We were traveling west when the light in front of us turned yellow. The car was about one length away from the light and I was behind that. I erroneously assumed the car was going to go through the light since we were so close and it had just turned. Boy was I wrong. She slammed on the brakes I was accelerating to get through the light. Once I saw her brake lights I slammed on mine but was closing to fast, I was going to rear end the car. I swerved left to avoid the car but my highway peg clipped the car. After a trip to the hospital I have a broken toe and a severely sprained ankle. Thank God for wearing all my protective gear. My bike however ain't looking so good. Tank smashed, headlights wrecked, fog light destroyed, and to top it all off it looks like some frame damage. This sucks!

Attachments

• 20190831_005137.jpg
    20190831_005137.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20190831_005119.jpg
    20190831_005119.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 2
Ouch!! Really sorry to hear, man. I'm glad that the injuries are "only" as bad as they are...you know what I mean. Bikes can be replaced, limbs are a little harder. Hope the healing is fast, and so is the insurance cheque!

Well fellas things are not looking good for my beloved R3T. I wrecked yesterday after I clipped a car that was in front of me. We were traveling west when the light in front of us turned yellow. The car was about one length away from the light and I was behind that. I erroneously assumed the car was going to go through the light since we were so close and it had just turned. Boy was I wrong. She slammed on the brakes I was accelerating to get through the light. Once I saw her brake lights I slammed on mine but was closing to fast, I was going to rear end the car. I swerved left to avoid the car but my highway peg clipped the car. After a trip to the hospital I have a broken toe and a severely sprained ankle. Thank God for wearing all my protective gear. My bike however ain't looking so good. Tank smashed, headlights wrecked, fog light destroyed, and to top it all off it looks like some frame damage. This sucks!

Responding with "Like" seems wrong, but I hope you know what we mean. Sorry, but as you know it could have been a whole lot worse. Here's to a quick rehab and maybe a new Rocket 3 in your future... :thumbsup:

had that once myself...followed a car through the lights on amber...he stopped suddenly as i was changing into 2nd...give him a wee tap on the bumper...wtf?

Back