Backfire through Throttle body

You are running too lean. Add a little fuel and the decel pop will typically stop. This is best done on a dyno where you can change, watch, listen and learn.

I just cant afford a Dyno tune at the moment , it's only happening now and then , has been doing it from the first day i bought it new. If i tweak the current map and add 5% to the rev range from 1300-1800 do you think that'd be enough ?

I just cant afford a Dyno tune at the moment , it's only happening now and then , has been doing it from the first day i bought it new. If i tweak the current map and add 5% to the rev range from 1300-1800 do you think that'd be enough ?

Are you running the +5% or +10% tune from @HansO? If you are on the 10% then you might need a map with slightly more fuel.

I'm on the +10% at the moment. I will see what they change when I dyno next week.

Maybe check your tps and idle stepper with tune ecu. My bike always ran a bit rough from when I bought it. It wasn't till I had idle issues recently I checked it. Stepper was out a fare bit. Was like riding a different bike once it was done. There's a good post on here somewhere onhow todo it with a link to the other triumph site. Hope you get it sorted.

Iridium plugs will last longer but I don't think you will notice any performance improvements over stock. You will pay a lot more for them though. If that gives you peace of mind, go for it.

Any plugs typically last a lot longer than Triumph recommends ever since lead was taken out of gasoline.

Why? ... and I ask that with my layman's hat on.

They cost 4 - 6 times as much, maybe last 50% longer, give potential starting problems (although not always) and you notice no performance or fuel economy improvement. You do get the satisfaction of feeling you've got something better because they cost so much. Just my opinion - borne out by lots of feedback from riders who have tried them.

Maybe check your tps and idle stepper with tune ecu. My bike always ran a bit rough from when I bought it. It wasn't till I had idle issues recently I checked it. Stepper was out a fare bit. Was like riding a different bike once it was done. There's a good post on here somewhere onhow todo it with a link to the other triumph site. Hope you get it sorted.
Mate sounds complicated and i just wouldnt know where to start, i did sync the throttle bodies the day i installed the ramair , i should check them again

Back