Backfire through Throttle body

Reseated the filter last night and tightened it all up , did what Hanso suggeested and rode to work this morning without doing a throttle blip on change down , no probs not on backfire.

Yesterday just as i pulled up from the ride home i did a stationary test , blip throttle followed by a second one with no pause and it backfires nearly every time ..............

Well got my ramair filters in mail and was planning to install them this weekend but after reading problems with backfire decided I want to have my bike dyno tuned instead of using a generic tune. Called dyno shop I used before just to find out they're supposedly out of business (fastbikesusa), now I have to find competent shop that will work on my bike and one I can trust. Anyone knows respectable dyno shop in west Michigan?

Wrecka, I'm not an expert on gasoline engines but 1st thing I would do is get a free flowing exhaust. You're sucking in a lot more air but you're still restricted on the back end, that air has to go somewhere I would think and if it's not through the exhaust its through the place it entered. Good luck anyway, hope you figure it out...

Reseated the filter last night and tightened it all up , did what Hanso suggeested and rode to work this morning without doing a throttle blip on change down , no probs not on backfire.

Yesterday just as i pulled up from the ride home i did a stationary test , blip throttle followed by a second one with no pause and it backfires nearly every time ..............

Doctor, it hurts when I do this.....

Sorry mate. I wasn't having a dig; just made me think of that old Henny Young joke.

The patient says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Then don't do that!"

My concern is that you said it has done it since day 1 if that was the case you could get the stealer to look at it. The boys here are right though the more air the leaner the afr upping your old map 6% across the broad would give you a reference point but it needs to be dynoed. Theres a guy up your way I believe who uses tune ecu so you won't need a pc and the like to set it. Probably be better to set all back to standard if you can't get it dynoed though. Good luck mate.

Have you tried checking for vac leaks mine used to pop back in the air filter(im running ram-air and open exhaust as my avatar +hanso tune 10%) but after i changed the MAP sensor vac pipes it hasn't done since .

Back