I found a leak which appears to be at the transition peice of the front throttle body to engine ?? I don't know how else to describe it :( I will try to remove the plenum to see what else is involved, but I see a trailor trip to the dealer by monday...... any one had a similar experience ????

The way it runs at idle sure makes me think of a vacuum leak like TxR3 suggested. With the age of the bike some of the "rubber" parts could be brittle and either come loose or cracked. Cracks are going to be tough to locate, spraying ether or even water around the area can sometimes help find vacuum leaks.

Maybe the dealer didnt sync the throttle bodies just right or they didnt know how to do it or when they did it they were messing around with some of the plumbing that supplies air. definitely got a leak but where is the question. start poking around and look at the obvious stuff first......clamps, cracked hoses, plumbing not seated correctly.

mutt

I got my bike back from the dealer, the front throttle body clamp to the transition peice came loose causing the backfiring, 3 hrs. labor @ 99.99 p/h + tax = $ 350.21..... I wish I could do that stuff myself. :( the bike seems to have lost some of its "punch" or maybe it's just me.....

For starters buy the 3 K&N filters get rid of all that plumbing remove the secondaries and then you will have punch

Back