Back Cover, March Cycle World

Here's a picture of Triumph's new twin-Rocket engined streamliner Bonneville land Record machine. You will note that it ALSO uses a car tire.
Castrol-Rocket-Triumph-Hatche-off-rear-590x393.jpg

And BTW, by using car tires on land speed record machines at Bonneville, Triumph is no more advocating the use of car tires on their road-going machines, directly or indirectly, then they're advocating riding 175 MPH+ on the street.

Here's a picture of Triumph's new twin-Rocket engined streamliner Bonneville land Record machine. You will note that it ALSO uses a car tire. And BTW, by using car tires on land speed record machines at Bonneville, Triumph is no more advocating the use of car tires on their road-going machines, directly or indirectly, then they're advocating riding 175 MPH+ on the street.
Seem to remember Art explaining that tyre - a special SALT tyre.

And the other - well yes I know - Just wanted to see who'd bite first.

images

I'll bite yes they used a car tire and yes it failed to make any speed due to the larger air hydroplane surface of the car tire. They all ran slower then the previous year when Jason DeSalvo ran a 200 ZR rated motorcycle tire on the rocket to 175mph. With the car tire 165 was the most without loosing control.

I'll bite yes they used a car tire and yes it failed to make any speed due to the larger air hydroplane surface of the car tire. They all ran slower then the previous year when Jason DeSalvo ran a 200 ZR rated motorcycle tire on the rocket to 175mph. With the car tire 165 was the most without loosing control.
Interesting. Thanks for the information.

are you SURE it was"nt because of the color, black is slower isn't it

GREAT cartoon - especially so since I AM a lawyer. (GEE - I hope people will still talk to me after this revelation!)[/quote

I Knew it, something about lawyers that doesn't set right with me....;):D Don't take it personally i'll give you the benifit of the doubt seeing your a Rocket Capt......peace.

Last edited:
Back