Aussie knowledge and recommendations please,

GaryA

Supercharged
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
It’s time for a new rear tyre, and I would like to try dark side.
Then I will know one way or the other.

Questions, what size tyre and in Aus, what brand?
Also if there is a size or brand/model to stay away from.

I am not looking for something hard and long lasting, must have grip.

I am investigating if Can Am have anything from their 3 wheelers that may suit.

Thank you

Ultra high performance summer tyre, unless you are riding at or near freezing temperatures. With a tread that is symmetrical.

I went federal 595 here in QLD grip was amazing even in the wet, it took me about half an hour to get used to it over a mountain near work, eventually I run 15,000 klms up on it and took it off, back to Cobra Chrome bike tyre, def not going back to darkside I couldn't get my head around the thought of cornering always had a niggling fear there, at my age I don't bounce like I used to. Be careful of police blitzes in AUST as ADR specifies motorcycle tyres only no car tyres.

I went federal 595 here in QLD grip was amazing even in the wet, it took me about half an hour to get used to it over a mountain near work, eventually I run 15,000 klms up on it and took it off, back to Cobra Chrome bike tyre, def not going back to darkside I couldn't get my head around the thought of cornering always had a niggling fear there, at my age I don't bounce like I used to. Be careful of police blitzes in AUST as ADR specifies motorcycle tyres only no car tyres.
Thanks for info.

Apparently ADR’s state no mc tyres on cars, but other way is not mentioned ....

Niggling fear cldn’t have niggled toooo hard. 15k kms up...

Can’t wait to try. Have only a few hundred kms up on the 240 mc tyre. Easy to switch at this point I reckon ...

ahaaa, found an application approved in October 2018 that the wording be changed to the ruling as bikes with sidecars run a car tyre, so looks like they removed the ADR ruling all together not amended it. It was the federal ADR not "state", not many coppers would have known the federal ADR I don't think., yeah 15K I only put the tyre on because I had planned on going across the nullabor last year but didn't get it done......... so just run what I would have got out of my bridgstone and then had it changed,

I liked it but I kept thinking about it too much and ended up making myself nervous in corners even though I have seen video showing more of a footprint in the corner. Found when ya sitting below 80 on a straight main road ya had to lean to the right a fraction as it felt like the bike wanted to go left with the camber of the road....... other than that to be honest, I didn't mind it, when I eventually do go to Perth in 2 years when I get my long service I will put another CT on just for that trip.

I now have a few thousand k's on the Archillies sport, at forst it seemed weird but i think that was from my thoughts.
It hould feel weird because its a flat section car tyre!
There i a differant feel for sure but not nearly as much as you might think.
I love it, its amazing how much len there is, more than the M/C tyre, and powering on out of turns is great.
My daily ride has some straight fast stuff with some nice bends over about 35 k's.
I am glad i have tried it and will probs stay with it, if only othere would try.

You dont have to stay with it but at least try.
I have offered a ride to our workshop supervisor but he will not even give it a go.

I now have a few thousand k's on the Archillies sport, at forst it seemed weird but i think that was from my thoughts.
It hould feel weird because its a flat section car tyre!
There i a differant feel for sure but not nearly as much as you might think.
I love it, its amazing how much len there is, more than the M/C tyre, and powering on out of turns is great.
My daily ride has some straight fast stuff with some nice bends over about 35 k's.
I am glad i have tried it and will probs stay with it, if only othere would try.

You dont have to stay with it but at least try.
I have offered a ride to our workshop supervisor but he will not even give it a go.
Full name of tyre and dimensions please :)

Back