Yeah I do a bit of pushing and shufffling of bikes. There are days when walking out to the garage is enough but hopefully a new hip will fix that. I have owned the red Norton in the back for 45 years but it is up for sale and is being replaced by the black one in the foreground which came from the factory with Estart. We adjust and move on.
z.jpg
Holy Cow!!! Why was everybody giving me hard time and calling me a bike hoarder back when i had 7 bikes in a one car garage?? Glad i am not the only one!
You do what is best for you my Cnandian firend, hope to see you in WV in a few weeks,, Dont forget your jacket :D :roll:

this is my new ride. I'm really enjoying it. The Rocket has gone to a good home.
DUK!!!
How good to hear from you!
I "hear" your pain! After a knee replacement and major rotator surgery last year, I can see that the end for "Big & Fast" is gradually coming my way as well. :(
But NOT yet! :p I have had to cancel my June coast to coast cross country ride because of a renal failure with complications.
I'm recovering slow but sure, so likely the cross country will be set over to next summer.
I would very much like to hook up somewhere on my northern return west if possible?

Oh know sorry to hear this , now I'm nevous all less than 3 years I've gotten knee knee and two new hips my last hip was done 4 months ago I haven't rode my bike all this time but hopping to get on her in 2 months. Hopefully I can still ride her with all the customization O done to it . If not I'll change it into a trike:)

I have to get on here more often! To be honest I've been riding the Bonneville a lot and find it awesome.
Meeting up with the Ol' Bull sounds like a great idea. I'm about 45 minutes north of Toronto and there will always be a bed here if you cross the border.
I wore my joints out racing motocross and playing flag football and soccer. My knees are still okay though the meniscus' are paper thin but no regrets. My friends miss the Rocket too. They liked the feel of the exhaust drumming on them as I roared past 😁.

I hear you TT. I wanted something lighter for around town use so I bought this: 2017 T-120 BLack
1687692567235.jpeg

I took the T-120 for most of my rides and the Rocket was just sitting there and not getting any love so I bit the bullet and I traded my beloved Rocket (due to my bad knees and the heft of the beast). and I got this to replace it:
1687692408665.jpeg

That was so much fun I got to thinking this 1200 twin power plant was pretty nifty. The T-120 is a great all-rounder, the Bobber is great for leisurely cruising but I missed the punch of the Rocket's power, so I bought this: In 'SPORT' mode you get all 103 ponies right off idle, woohoo
1687692845128.png

Now whatever itch I have I have a way to scratch it. All three of these bikes are light weight, easy to roll around the garage and a hoot to ride. I miss my Rocket but I'm getting over it. Have fun and stay safe.

I've modded the suspension and put on a better seat so it now looks like this:

This has led to a few changes including selling my '73 Commando which I've had for 44 years and replacing it with a '75 which has an electric starter

I had a 75 Electric Start Norton for 38 years. The Triumph dealer really wanted it when I bought the Rocket and made an offer I couldn't pass up. The starter came off of mine about year 3 of ownership. It was about as useful as a whammy bar on a tuba. I understand that you can get one these days that actually work. Mine always needed a manual assist to work, push the button, kick the starter and it would turn over. I hope yours is much better. Another thing I did was remove the Amal carbs and replaced them with a single Mikuni. I used to have Sonny Angel in Chula Vista CA do all the work on mine, He was a wizard on nearly any bike but especially the Nortons. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

bob

I had a 75 Electric Start Norton for 38 years. The Triumph dealer really wanted it when I bought the Rocket and made an offer I couldn't pass up. The starter came off of mine about year 3 of ownership. It was about as useful as a whammy bar on a tuba. I understand that you can get one these days that actually work. Mine always needed a manual assist to work, push the button, kick the starter and it would turn over. I hope yours is much better. Another thing I did was remove the Amal carbs and replaced them with a single Mikuni. I used to have Sonny Angel in Chula Vista CA do all the work on mine, He was a wizard on nearly any bike but especially the Nortons. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

bob
I bought the '75 as a neglected chopper. Returned it to stock and it fired up on the first press of the button. I was surprised as I knew it was referred to as an electric assist rather than a starter. No Idea what has been done to it over the last 48 years but it spins the engine over easily and is a sweet ride now.

I hear you TT. I wanted something lighter for around town use so I bought this: 2017 T-120 BLack
1687692567235.jpeg

I've modded the suspension and put on a better seat so it now looks like this:
It's just like back in 2004 when I bought my Rocket III. First thing to do was put real shocks on it and later a Corbin seat. The Rocket went at the same time as the Bonneville showed up but I suspect it would have sat in the garage most of the time too.

Back