Anyone using billet reusable oil filters?

BinDerSmokDat

.040 Over
I was looking at the K&P filters and they seem to be nice pieces of kit. They flow more oil, have a strong magnet and being able to easily disassemble them at change time makes for a valuable diagnostic tool. They make one that fits the rock and it is prettier than the stock chrome oil filter cover. The billet housing and fins should add a smidgen of oil cooling ability as well. Only drawback is the price, but over enough oil changes, you'd make your money back.

Here is a write up on them...

http://www.motorcycle.com/products/kp-engineerings-reusable-oil-filter-71983.html

Yes, I'm a firm believer in these filters. That's one of the first things I did is get one installed on my Rocket. Standard oil filters don't really filter the oil. The paper inside doesn't allow oil molecules to pass through but along the pleats hopefully catching and holding harmful particles and regardless of what some say I did notice a little perk in HP. I use a Pure Power filter. I like them a little better. Pure Power claims to filter down to 5 microns. Only 3 parts to contend with and no spring to mess with. Just the outer housing, filter cartridge and the mounting plate. One of the best mods you can do in my opinion. $199.00 and worth every penny! :wink:

Back