HEY JAG I visit the local Harley dealer and Ive seen some of those 750 starter bikes riding in and out so someone likes them havnt tested one yet but the HD riders seem to like them for the women

Their is a sucker born every minute!

I think I saw the pre production models bikes from HD at a show in Atlantic city, the welds on the frame were terrible and still had slag on them that were painted over, very sloppy. Maybe the production models have better quality. Either way, not for me.

Their is a sucker born every minute!.
Somewhere somebody is saying the same thing about us buying Triumps, there are 7 billion people on this world, different taste on everything, i wouldn't call them suckers because they like Harleys and not Triumps

Somewhere somebody is saying the same thing about us buying Triumps, there are 7 billion people on this world, different taste on everything, i wouldn't call them suckers because they like Harleys and not Triumps

Just those two models, the 500 and the 750 they are not up to snuff.

Truly these 2 bikes are built for the world market so HD can sell more bikes in places that are not the USA. Only the bikes to be sold in the USA will be assembled here. For the rest of the world they are built and assembled in India.

You are all missing the point of the 500 and 750cc Harleys, they are entry level bikes and not much else but it is a good move for Harley
1- They are using the bikes(500) at all their training classes that Harley offers
2- They are building brand loyalty a lot of us will ride the same brand for years and as Harley goes from $7000 to over $50000 for a bike in the long run the average buyer will upgrade to a more expensive bike
3- The biggest market is in bikes under 1000cc(also lowest margins)
4- Getting a younger rider on a Harley and keep him for life (see #2:D)
5-Buy a Harley any Harley and you also buy all the poser gear for that bike/brand just as we all do with Triumph.

You are all missing the point of the 500 and 750cc Harleys, they are entry level bikes and not much else but it is a good move for Harley
1- They are using the bikes(500) at all their training classes that Harley offers
2- They are building brand loyalty a lot of us will ride the same brand for years and as Harley goes from $7000 to over $50000 for a bike in the long run the average buyer will upgrade to a more expensive bike
5-Buy a Harley any Harley and you also buy all the poser gear for that bike/brand just as we all do with Triumph.

All I said was the gas tank was ugly :(

Ha ha, it is funny, when i bought my harley they were kinda dissapointed at me, they iffered me a free harley medal with some congratulating stuff and i refused it, they gave me a tour thru the "upgrade" department and i told them i dont want anything, they gave ne a tour thru the "poser" section and told them i dont want anything,,, dissapointing for sure:)

Back