Anyone else want to protest helmet law?

How many of you guys who dont like wearing helmets work in high risk workplaces that require safety helmets ,eye/hearing/breathing protection?
Im curious if you use the same arguements at work regarding personal rights?

Many years ago my uncle died not wearing a helmet.
Three decades of watching my grand parents(dec) and his brother and sisters(dec) grieve, is enough to sell me on the usefulness of a helmet.

I work in a high risk job and have to wear all the gear
No big deal they pay my wage which is good
If I choose not to I know where the door is
If I had a choice thats different , wearing a helmet in my state I have a choice and at times I choose not to.

Pretty sure no one has said helmets are not useful
Some of us just would like the choice to choose for ourselves

The railroad is loaded with safety requirements ... but I'm paid to follow the rules as a requirement for the job.

Wearing a helmet in a car would make them safer ... head injuries occur on stairs, cars, airplanes, space junk, meteorites, gargoyles falling from churches etc.
Soup cans break toes all the time, should we wear steel toes in the kitchen?

If you have a fear of piano's falling from buildings you are free to protect yourself as you see fit. You cannot legislate common sense ... government does not realize this fact and probably never will. And that's just sad. :(

Let me choose for myself when it comes to personal decisions that don't effect anyone outside my little circle. I'd like to have SOME choices for myself that aren't forced upon me by people who don't even ride.

Back