Hey To All. I'm shopping for a Rocket III to keep me and my '09 Harley Ultra company. Virtually all the guys I ride with have 2 or more bikes and I'm getting a serious case of bike envy. I've been interested in the Rocket since it first hit the streets. Anyway, I've downloaded the digital versions of the owner's manual and shop manual for '05 to '07 and have gained a fairly good idea about the mechanics and maintenance required.

Based only on reviews I have read I am leaning towards the Touring model which appears to have a little more torque and horsepower numbers are reduced from the 140 to 105 or thereabouts, apparently making the bike a bit more manageable for touring type riders like myself. However the Roadster types have an appeal I can't ignore, plus their gauges are up on the bars where I can better see them.

I have some questions and hope to get some answers from R3Owners:

1. Can the touring accessories I see mounted on the Touring model be mounted on the base roadster model.....floorboards, engine guards/crash bars, luggage rack, heel toe shifter, back rest, hard bags, etc., ?

2. Other than tuning and accessories, is there any significant difference in the engines and frames between the different models and model years?

3. Are there certain models in certain years that should be avoided?

Thanks very much for any info you share.
Hi Mate welcome to the R3 world i im in Manchester UK Bought my 04 touring 2yrs ago but have modified it alot great bike you need to test ride the different models before you buy if you can. They will become rare eventually now they are out of production Good luck

Greetings from Canada eh. New to the forum - looking forward to the R3 chatter.

Greetings from Canada eh. New to the forum - looking forward to the R3 chatter.
Hello Biker Bob, Pleased to meet you and welcome from Virginia. You can start your own welcome message on the "Introduce yourself" thread, makes it easier for others to see you have arrived and you can tell us more about your bikerness if you wish...

3rd attempt:

Attachments

• _1020021.JPG
    _1020021.JPG
    280.6 KB · Views: 0
Howdy! Welcome from East Texas :D

You know what? Wife and I dream about moving to Texas on a regular basis. Why? We live in California, land of fruits, nuts and extreme leftist liberals, sorry to say. It is mind blowing to us that we are now living in a 'sanctuary' State. Hey, thanks for the welcome, may become your neighbor sooner than later......does it snow in Texas, hope not, too old to shovel snow, that is why we moved to California 40 years ago from Colorado. Anyway, lots to like in California but nowadays there is much to dislike.

Thanks,

VR

You know what? Wife and I dream about moving to Texas on a regular basis. Why? We live in California, land of fruits, nuts and extreme leftist liberals, sorry to say. It is mind blowing to us that we are now living in a 'sanctuary' State. Hey, thanks for the welcome, may become your neighbor sooner than later......does it snow in Texas, hope not, too old to shovel snow, that is why we moved to California 40 years ago from Colorado. Anyway, lots to like in California but nowadays there is much to dislike.

Thanks,

VR

I would be glad to call you neighbor!
Snow in East Texas? Every 3-10 Year’s :D

Back