ANOTHER FATAL HERE

Yea back in the 70's a tow truck driver I knew told me he had worked an accident between a slow moving trash truck and a M/C that was hauling ass and ran into the rear of the truck. They found the guys head still inside of the helmet stuck to something on the rear of the truck. A quick way to go I guess!

What I want to know is how his helmet got off his head. Some speculate he did not have his strap on? What say you?

I would have no idea without having access to the case. In my experience as a first responder, when the aid units arrive prior to the police, the helmet is usually removed by them. was the helmet in proximity to the final rest position of the rider?

Yes. When the female who lives across the street came out and was FIRST on scene, the helmet was off the riders head about 10 feet N/W of him on the side of the road. Everyone I talked to states they see riders of all types with their helmet straps unfastened riding on the roadway,,,,. Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes. When the female who lives across the street came out and was FIRST on scene, the helmet was off the riders head about 10 feet N/W of him on the side of the road. Everyone I talked to states they see riders of all types with their helmet straps unfastened riding on the roadway,,,,. Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES the dumbest stupid thing you can do and or wear your full face helmet unstrapped and on the top of your head

****, I found out my buddy who was in an accident last summer is in a long term care facility, severe brain damage from surgical complications and infection. He ain't comin' back. :(

Over here if you do not secure you helmet correctly the penalty is the same as not wearing a seat belt and that is a loss of three points and in not sure of the financial loss but I think it's a $330 penalty

Back