ANOTHER FATAL HERE

This won't do much for people under the influence, but I think part of drivers training should involve what to if you do if you pull out or make a left turn in front of a motorcycle. A problem that I have personally witnessed is people who pull out, then see the motorcycle and stop, blocking the entire lane. I say if you find yourself in that situation, you should finish the turn. That may give the cyclist time to maneuver behind the vehicle. As it is now, nobody knows what to expect from the other. A standardized procedure even if it only worked 1 out of a 100 times would be better than what we have now. My 1/2 cents worth.

Actually had that happen to me and Catherine on the Rocket.. car wasn't looking (other than for other cars and trucks) .. spotted us at the last minute and just stopped dead blocking the whole lane .. I just made it around the back of him ... just.

Interesting indeed and I thought so. I also am retired from the job and working as a recon consultant expert since 1975. Reading your post made me grab my handy calculator and start punching numbers. If 70 feet skids on level road, the slide to stop speed is about 40 mph. Depending on impact speed (what was rider throw distance from impact?) a rough idea of the motor's speed can be determined. Using the calculated combined speed and estimated perception response time, position of the motor rider when he saw the dirt bag turn in front of him can be determined. Conservation of Momentum analysis of pre and post impact trajectories would yield more accurate information. Likely this was performed by the Chippers. Naturally, the dirt bag's whole defense will revolve around the motor's speed and the deception involved that caused Mr. dirt bag to incorrectly assess the motor's speed. Sarcasm intended.

Holy Math Batman. (It is amazing what can be figured out with an understanding of math and physics.)
But lets keep it simple. Throw the drunk SOB in Jail until Hell freezes over!

Back