amsoil formulation?

doncuddy

soberdude
Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket Classic
Considering a switch from Mobil-1 Synthetic to Amsoil...Their website recommends 10w40 for the rocket. curious if members are using other formulations. find them more effective-etc. also, type of oil filter preferred. do they make a significant difference? any info is appreciated..don

I use Wix 51538. Why, they are available locally. Oil, as long as its rated for wet clutches, go for it.

Me...since I have a number of motorcycles, I like Castrol full syn 4t. Its availble locally, and I get it on sale for $8.00 a quart.

I'm using Amsoil 20/50 Full synthectic
Considering a switch from Mobil-1 Synthetic to Amsoil...Their website recommends 10w40 for the rocket. curious if members are using other formulations. find them more effective-etc. also, type of oil filter preferred. do they make a significant difference? any info is appreciated..don

I had an Ams oil rep that I used to work with. You did NOT want to get that guy stared on a conversation about oil! Unless you were screwing with someone, then you started the conversation and walked away taping the other guy to listen!!
We used to get him going sometimes by saying it stood for AMway Synthetic OIL.

I did use it when he worked with us though as I got it cheaper and he would bring it right to you. Haven't used it since though.

E25888A7-F9C9-44FA-B217-6BB5E0EDA084.png
I really like this oil and so does Blackstone labs!!

Anything fully synthetic and esther based will suffice. Mobile 1, Royal Purple, AMSOIL, Belray, and some others are all based on quality stock and will perform well, primarily differing based on their detergent and additive packages.

Certain brands, use a lesser base or mix dino/synthetic, all synthetics are N O T created equal, definitely worth researching the chemistry behind what you chose to put in your motor. One of those brands is <drum roll> CASTROL!

I have used Amsoil 10w40 i my last 4 bikes...Can't comment on other oils as havn't had the experience with them but i can say the Amsoil makes everything quiet...gearchanges are smooth and the engine has no strange rattles that are a concern.
I put Amsoil in my current R3 Roadster after the first 500kms which i considered was a good running in period.
To me, its proving well worthwhile from the results im getting.

I will be going to 15w40 when i change.

Last edited:
Back