Having used Amsoil for many years in my bikes it will be my 1st choice oil when the next oil change on my R3C is due.

Amsoil recommend their MCV 20W/50 which happens to be the oil I've always used, however I find this a little strange as they do make a 10W/40 Motorcycle oil which is the Triumph reco. :confused:

the amsoil 10w-40 is not used in a bike that has a wet clutch. It is not JASMO rated. Only their 20w-50 is jasmo rated.

I know its an old thread but on my travels around town yesterday I was looking for oil I saw alot of 10/40 oil with the jasmo rateing and even on the amsoil 10/40 it says for wet clutch I am not finding any 20/50 . but I dont have alot of places to choose from Honda shop walmart or cantire so my question is can I safely use the 10/40?

I use this oil in all my engines. Mobil 1 5W-40 Turbo Diesel Truck oil. It has more zinc and handles high diesel loads. Just bought 5 gallons from Mjeiers for $114. gary

Mobil 1 4T Racing 15W-50 is recommended by Triumph as an alternative to the 10W-40. I used the 15W-50 for the first time recently and I definitely noticed a difference in gearbox operation, I wont be going back to 10W-40.

God how this oil thing goes on and on, on every motorcycle and auto site. No one has ever posted an oil related failure with a modern oil on any of these sites.
If the factory recommends it...it's my oil. No one has given me any ACTUAL reason to change and I challenge anyone to do so.
Most of this oil choice is based upon advertising hype from the companies that make or distribute the stuff but never a fact that has changed my mind.

Back