sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Selling the Rocket X. Tired of spending my time trouble shooting problems and issues. Now we are dealing with electrical issues with headlights that only leads into more troubles down the road. The wiring of this bike is a ****ing joke. I don't give a rats ass about power and all that if the bike ain't reliable. Just to many issues. Tired of the lame trouble shooting responses from both truimph and some folks on here. Lets get real here. The bike is a ****ing joke. OK if your a weekend rider and trailer at events but we are not a part of that crowd. At 56,000 mile should not have the issues am having. Yes i like the power but the bike is basically a accident waiting to happen from transmission issues to electrical problems.Way to many headaches. Am bouncing off this and going to a 2020 Star Venture Transcontinental. Nice bike maybe not up to the power of the rocket but key word here is functional. Trading the Rocket in Tuesday. See you all in Leakey sporty a brand new grey colored 2020 Yamaha. $32,000 well spent.

Selling the Rocket X. Tired of spending my time trouble shooting problems and issues. Now we are dealing with electrical issues with headlights that only leads into more troubles down the road. The wiring of this bike is a ****ing joke. I don't give a rats ass about power and all that if the bike ain't reliable. Just to many issues. Tired of the lame trouble shooting responses from both truimph and some folks on here. Lets get real here. The bike is a ****ing joke. OK if your a weekend rider and trailer at events but we are not a part of that crowd. At 56,000 mile should not have the issues am having. Yes i like the power but the bike is basically a accident waiting to happen from transmission issues to electrical problems.Way to many headaches. Am bouncing off this and going to a 2020 Star Venture Transcontinental. Nice bike maybe not up to the power of the rocket but key word here is functional. Trading the Rocket in Tuesday. See you all in Leakey sporty a brand new grey colored 2020 Yamaha. $32,000 well spent.
Congrats on the new ride

Is it April 1st?! :laugh:

I didn't realize the new Star Transcontinental was so expensive. I've read several very positive reviews with one of the few minus' being that it's air cooled, which is most odd in this day and age.

Congratulations on your new purchase. All that overtime you've been doing has a positive; a nice new.

Just fed up with it. I need a bike a can ride daily. The Harley did not workout and nether is this. I ride period. Need a bike that can ride with my passion and can keep up. The Rocket is a sweet ride but way to many issues.Yamaha star has been at it for a bit. The 2020 venture transcontinental has a track record for reliability and comfort. More than likely one of the best bikes offered in 2020. Their systems are sweet and to the point. They offer some good stuff at a price. $32.000 for a new bike ain't cheap. Top of the line with all the bells and whistles. Much better than any other bike i have looked at. Wife agrees. Never thought i would be going back to Yamaha. First bike new bike was a RD 350.

011CC93E-1BB7-4555-85B0-49017D4AD8A3.png
That’s a whole lot of bike for this price, got me looking for a cross country ride as the widow maker is turning more and more into street fighter

Just fed up with it. I need a bike a can ride daily. The Harley did not workout and nether is this. I ride period. Need a bike that can ride with my passion and can keep up. The Rocket is a sweet ride but way to many issues.Yamaha star has been at it for a bit. The 2020 venture transcontinental has a track record for reliability and comfort. More than likely one of the best bikes offered in 2020. Their systems are sweet and to the point. They offer some good stuff at a price. $32.000 for a new bike ain't cheap. Top of the line with all the bells and whistles. Much better than any other bike i have looked at. Wife agrees. Never thought i would be going back to Yamaha. First bike new bike was a RD 350.
Once you put it up for sale it will probably be going to Florida as a lot of rockets go to Florida to live

I saw you mention that in Bob R's thread on Sturgis. I returned from Southeast Asia at the end of 1971, married, pretty broke and driving a $300 VW bug as my wife and I started college. In 1973, still driving the same bug and still poor, but with our first child on the way, I saw a beautiful RD350, with fairing, at the local Yamaha dealership. It was a beautiful two tone color, kind of a white and purple color. The dealership owner said I could have it for about $750 as I recall, well beyond my reach. I recall thinking my life would be complete if I could just get that beautiful machine. I never did.

Back