Being a rookie I ca
Am i the only one that never had a real problem with the rocket??;):eek:
The one i sold was and still is so reliable that i would not hesitate to ride it across America, the X i can ride across the world:D
Good luck Sonny, whatever you decide to buy im sure you will be happy.:thumbsup:
lupe can get an x now, cheap today, heck it might be out on curb with a sign on it :evil::evil::evil::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Being a rookie I ca

lupe can get an x now, cheap today, heck it might be out on curb with a sign on it :evil::evil::evil::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I wonder if the daymakers had something to do with it, it makes me want to take my cheap china ones out.
@sonny , if the lights are the only problem, can you reroute the power to them and abandon the oem wires? just a thinking out loud, when it comes to lights all you need is electricity:unsure:

!975 model was orange. My first love. last year of that bike.
I got up this morning and started to think about that Yamaha again and the color. Purple was a wrong description. I did a search, and a pic was very difficult to find for for some reason. This is it though. And it's so SMALL!. It didn't seem so back then, especially with the fairing.

https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-japanese-motorcycles/yamaha-r5-350-zmmz09ndzraw

Compare it to that monster you are buying, and many models being built today.

Considering the type of riding you do, the very long commute, I would expect it will be a more natural fit than a Rocket 3 anyways. It does have a nice host of technology included and looks to be a great touring bike.

Not sure I'd be satisfied with this though on a 950lb+ bike, but you might find it much more relaxing during your commute since the bike will undoubtedly be more civil and less twitchy in the right hand.
Screen-Shot-2017-07-21-at-11.49.51-AM.png

Last edited:
If were me, and I had problems I didn't understand, I'd take it to a dealer and have them sort it out, they can contact Triumph and work through the issue. Sure it'll cost you some bucks, but it's worth it to me. Like having the taxes done each year, used to hate it and be frustrated by them, now bring all the data to the accountant and it's a done deal. :)
Just another option for you to think about:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back