All out Dyno Drags - The Rocket Rules!

redheadlover

“Be excellent to one-another!”
Ride
2013 R3T
Anyone ever run on one of these. It is a Traler with side by side Dino’s and you run against another bike in a simulated 1/4 Mile drag race. They give you 3-4 runs and measure reaction time, 0-60 time, 1000 foot time, 1/4 mile time, and top speed.

I got the opportunity to give her a go On Saturday..at Doc’s Harley Davidson in Kirkwood, MO. (Thanks for hosting guys!)

That’s me on the left on my 2013 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring. Mostly stock just a few intake, exhaust and tuning upgrades. Pretty quiet on the road though, so you might say she’s a sleeper.

My best run out of four was a 9.6 second 1/4 mile at 126 MPH. Reaction time 0.028 sec.

Fastest of the day! Sorry to my Harley buddies, they just couldn’t keep up. But then again as long as you get out and ride and enjoy the freedom of the toad who cares what you ride.

Sure was fun to watch them try though.

Wish I could see, but do not do facebook and it is blocked.
Sounds interesting . . .

Totally different to the real thing tho.
Biggest thing is there is no allowance for weight and the fact that you are not going to flip it if you launch too fast. Stacks of fun tho,,,,

Very true Mitty.

I’m not sure how accurate the speed is, seems like I should have been moving faster based on the time, but then again my speedo read 85 in second gear so maybe. Have to practice a bit before next time, and math my shifts using the tach better.

I know the missus would never let m do it for real though, so I’ll have to settle for this. She was A good sport when I got my fist citation in over 30years a few months ago, for going 96 in a 55 MPH zone. Especially since she was on the back with me and had said “you’ve been good all day and no one is around so go ahead and punch it”. Unfortunately Mr. Officer was hidden between the cornfields on both sides. He was a good sport though too and knocked the speed off a bit for me.

Looks like fun and watching the chagrin on the faces of your HD riding friends must have added to it.

Next year they will limit it to HDs or other similar V-Twins. Seen it happen. :(

Good showing though, I have a friend that has a "107" and in his mind is insanely fast, which it might be when compared to his clapped out 1991 Road King. ;)

bob

Next year they will limit it to HDs or other similar V-Twins. Seen it happen. :(

Good showing though, I have a friend that has a "107" and in his mind is insanely fast, which it might be when compared to his clapped out 1991 Road King. ;)

bob
My local HD dealer already did that. The dyno drags a couple of years ago was just HD's, and the brute hp shoot out last weekend was only HD's too. :thumbsdown:

But most of us remember @warp9.9 having a funny experience at the dyno drags with the Millennium Falcon. :roll:

No wind resistance, unlikely my 240 hp Touring would run a 9.6 in a real 1/4 mile, but looks like fun, anyway.

Totally different to the real thing tho.
Biggest thing is there is no allowance for weight and the fact that you are not going to flip it if you launch too fast. Stacks of fun tho,,,,

Not as challenging for sure, but does sound fun.

My local HD dealer already did that. The dyno drags a couple of years ago was just HD's, and the brute hp shoot out last weekend was only HD's too. :thumbsdown:
But most of us remember @warp9.9 having a funny experience at the dyno drags with the Millennium Falcon. :roll:

Heh! Heh! Heh!
That poor dyno!!!

Back