Alcohol More than 10% ?

Mr Mike

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket GT
Head scratcher.
My owners manual says no greater than 10% ethanol in UK. All other markets up to 25%
Makes no sense unless Triumph has manufactured the first Motorcycle for sale in the US that can run more than 10%. Maybe UK’s alcohol is better stuff Or maybe my reading comprehension needs work

Coincidentally, the first "Similar threads" post below has a link to an old article that explains quite a bit about gasoline/alcohol blend pros & cons:

Alcohol Fuel Manual Ch1-2

I haven't finished my first cup of coffee so the first read was a bit tough but the last chart on air/fuel ratio for straight gasoline vs. an alcohol blend
seems to indicate that a lean/rich adjustment could be made to optimize performance depending on whether you had access to regular non-ethanol gasolene all the time.

Head scratcher.
My owners manual says no greater than 10% ethanol in UK. All other markets up to 25%
Makes no sense unless Triumph has manufactured the first Motorcycle for sale in the US that can run more than 10%. Maybe UK’s alcohol is better stuff Or maybe my reading comprehension needs work
I can answer this. Every market that has different fuels, have ECU calibrations made to operate with the mean fuel available in that country. Counties such as Brazil, have alcohol content in the 20+% range. Calibration is verified annually by the manufacturer and verified by the country that imported the vehicle.

Guess I'm lucky. I get non-ethanol for my bikes, lawn mowers, generators, etc. etc. Where I get it (Shell station), they call it recreational gas. Cost a little bit more, but well worth it.
I do have access to non ethanol and all I use for small machines. Curious about the manual reference to 25% because AMA says no motorcycle sold in US designed for more than 10%

I am designed for more than 10%...
The facts
20200508_210320.jpg
I can write complete sentences right now amazes me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in France we have a fuel named E85 what is made of 85% of ethanol and 15% of unleaded fuel . It's price is 60 cents again 1.5 euros for unleaded
Some guy in Finland had made a kit (eFlexFuel) that lengthen the injection time and that works very well ! I am always happy to fuel up at 12 euros with E85
knowing the fuel up is 32 euros with unleaded ! So it's perfectly possible to run with more ethanol but bwith longer injection time .

Here in France we have a fuel named E85 what is made of 85% of ethanol and 15% of unleaded fuel . It's price is 60 cents again 1.5 euros for unleaded
Some guy in Finland had made a kit (eFlexFuel) that lengthen the injection time and that works very well ! I am always happy to fuel up at 12 euros with E85
knowing the fuel up is 32 euros with unleaded ! So it's perfectly possible to run with more ethanol but bwith longer injection time .
Be careful with that E85 . It affects the hoses and other plastic and artificial materials.

No trouble Tall Rider ! A fellow Rocketman here have the same kit for more than 1 year and half and He rides more than 60km/day .
It's true than ethanol is a little more dry than unleaded and by precaution i put 1% of 2stroke oil !

Back