Airbox intake sound after starting.

Not much else to look for.. Does yours make that hollow sound on start up??..
Trying to find out if all new Rockets do that.. So far a couple owners say yes, so i guess its normal.
I don't think I stick around after start up long enough to notice a difference!
Would think most bike change sound a bit cause of start up requiring choke like effect?

What you hear is probably normal intake noise. With the engine still cold, idle is set to higher rpm by the ecu. It recommends wider open throttle plates to achieve that. And as the engine oil is still cold there is much more friction to overcome. So they will have to be even wider open.

What you hear is probably normal intake noise. With the engine still cold, idle is set to higher rpm by the ecu. It recommends wider open throttle plates to achieve that. And as the engine oil is still cold there is much more friction to overcome. So they will have to be even wider open.
Yea, its definately intake noise, but the change in noise volume from first start up, to about 45 seconds later is quite noticeable.. Almost as if there is a reroute of
the intake air. Some cars reroute hot exhaust air to the throttle body to enhance smooth and quick warmup.

Back