Addressing packages intended for a US address

Interesting comment and does not alter my recommendation.

It works in reverse as well Paul. I have shipped several sets of deflectors out of the US. When it come to the address and filling out the customs declaration form it is a nightmare. I now send a copy of the information fields I need to fill out on the customs form and ask the person..what goes where. I also want to know exactly how to address the label so I get it right. It's a whole different world.

I do not want any mailing glitches like you had because I didn't address it correctly. The seller and buyer need to be specific with the information so that doesn't happen. Addresses to other countries can be confusing.

I've been told by NZ Post whom I send all my stuff out with, that the address label that I put on the box is not even looked at as it is the information on the Customs declaration that taken note of.
I still put my own Customer address label on the box, but since Paul's (Joesmoe) information in this thread, I have now changed the layout of this putting the Area Code in larger text and to the right as he has suggested.

I bought a set of TORs from Isbrub and they arrived in the US within about 4 days. In fact, it took longer to get through US Customs, the LA Post Office and delivery to my home in Washington then from Oz to the US.

So what' wrong with that picture?

I used to have cigars mailed from Australia all the time without issue. The seller knew how to address properly to the US. They did a lot of business to the USA and were good at filling out the customs forms. Interestingly the word cigars was almost always illegibly scrawled in the worst penmanship.;)

Never had any issues just fill out the customs label and stuff gets there fairly quickly, I would imagine the that USPS and Ausspost talk to each other and have a suitable system in place, mind you I often have printed a large label on larger parcels as well, it is common sense to always make the sender info much smaller than the TO INFO,just my 2cents worth, he he

Back