ABS light on after discconecting battery some weeks.

Freddie

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket III Roadster 2012
Because of quarantine, I've disconnected the negative terminal of the battery as the bike would be stopped for months. When reconnected it the yellow ABS light remains on. There are a number of starting cycles that has to be accomplished in order to this light go off? Or some reset has to be made via ECU? Rgs.

Is your key on ? or is the light on even if there's no key in the ignition ? I'd say also make sure your battery is full charge . On my bike the abs light goes off after I've travel a couple of meters.

Is your key on ? or is the light on even if there's no key in the ignition ? I'd say also make sure your battery is full charge . On my bike the abs light goes off after I've travel a couple of meters.
The light is on with the key on, and it doesn't go off no matter how long or fast I travel. When I turn off the bike it turns off.

The light is on with the key on, and it doesn't go off no matter how long or fast I travel. When I turn off the bike it turns off.
What I would try before tearing anything down , I would back the brake pads manually until they are sitting as far as possible back into their seats . Then I would pump up up the brakes ever so slowly until they feel like they are back to normal . But really pumping them slowly . then give it another try . Check and see if the sensors at the wheels are clean also.

Back