kind of like everyone else, hard if not impossible to plan anything, usually its like oh its time to go, but offer still and will always stands if you head this way let me know will do whatever I can to meet,help or point you to help anyone out anyway possible

No rush; however, planning and anticipation is a large part of the fun.
I thought this was about RAA XI for 2016???

I'm slowly learning my way around Arkansas pretty good. I'd be willing to lay something out for this area, since we will be here in the Spring, we can kick it around then. I'm considering a ride to Alaska in the summer of 2016 but we probably wouldn't want to be here then due to heat anyway............ hmmmmmmm.

Lonnie

I've spoken to a few guys I know that organize large industry benefits for various causes and they've given me some ideas and warnings. For example...be very careful how you handle the donations, etc if you don't want a visit from the IRS as they claim that it is all your personal income :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I have no problem dealing with the accounting issues if need be.

Also I would put something together if xoming feom Wisconsin or Minnesota and going through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Maybe down the west coast of Michigan rising down M22. Also spoke to Dave the owner of Triumph Detroit today to see what info he had on the cool vests. I mentioned the possible RAA event and he immediately said he would love to put together an afternoon luncheon for the group. They have two great facilities, Triumph East in Utica and Triumph West in Plymouth. Triumph is their only line. Great service department too.​

I've spoken to a few guys I know that organize large industry benefits for various causes and they've given me some ideas and warnings. For example...be very careful how you handle the donations, etc if you don't want a visit from the IRS as they claim that it is all your personal income :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Best to set up a 501C3, non profit. Also having the chexks made out to the charity of choice. I have access to lots of info because of our snowmobile group Michcanska xollecting donations for the Canadian Diabetes Association and American Diabetes Association. We have a website where our rides can be tracked on the website via our SPOT locators.

There should be a Board of Directors, and President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer also. There is a requirement for one one Board meeting per year also. Yes, if this is going to be a,benifit ride it will take at least a year of prep.

I spoke with Ken from Triumph Manasass yesterday and he said he is happy to sponser the Rolling RAA when it comes through Northern VA. I told him this is early in the planning and mentioned the thread here. In any case, he will make sure any repair needs are met and mentioned discounts for our needs. For planning purposes, the new shop will be located just south of Dulles airport and will change its name to Motorcycles of Dulles.

On the ride route issue, I have several around the area that I hit a few times each year. Some are on scenic byways where the roads are not wide enough for lane stripes. Wine country is also horse country in VA, can't forget the breweries either and there are many beautiful vistas through the hills where many battles have been faught. Lots of ideas...

I spoke to my local dealer yesterday. He is onboard with our plans to be a part of it. He and our group do several charity rides every year so we can come up with a good charity if we need to.

Back