I started this thread to gauge interest and maybe get some folks to step forward and volunteer to show us their local hot spots. There have been no dates set or discussed as yet. A few routes have been kicked around, but nothing definite. So far @breeze has stepped forward for the four corners area, @1olbull has stepped up for the northwest, @Idaho Red Rocket 3 volunteered to get us across his fair state and @JoseyR3Wales mentioned something in another thread about the Confederate Cavalry handling the smokies. From what I can tell we need one or more folks to get us across to the northeast and down the east coast. @Boog mentioned he could probably shepherd us through the VA area, but no volunteers from the northeast or the central part of the country yet.

Given the challenges of putting together a ride of this nature we may have to plan this for 2016 instead of this year, but we'll see

H*ll, anytime anyone wants to ride these woods just let me(us) know but I swear that this country screams OCTOBER. I'll get with STB, Rainman, Mulley and hvacnr and see what we can agree upon. I know all of our schedules suck as far as work goes but perhaps we can throw something together.

I'm already doing at least 3 or 4 trips this year, probably have to be 2016 for me, I can come up with some good Northeast riding.

H*ll, anytime anyone wants to ride these woods just let me(us) know but I swear that this country screams OCTOBER. I'll get with STB, Rainman, Mulley and hvacnr and see what we can agree upon. I know all of our schedules suck as far as work goes but perhaps we can throw something together.
I'd be in on a fall ride in the southeast but the rolling ride is too ambitious for me this year. Next year I might be able to put together a ride section from Sault St Marie through Ontario and down into the Adirondacks.

I'm thinking next year is probably better all the way around...gives us time to get all of the details sorted and time for those who need to to arrange their schedules. I am already committed to four major rides (Daytona, RAA, ROT and Sturgis) and I just got back from Key West so I may not be able to do this one justice this year. Next year would also give us time to get the charity portion a little better organized.

I like the idea of a linking loop rides that connects with one another. Spring is too close for this year to complete a plan. For this year why not have area groups organize within there riding areas. For example the Confederate Calvary can setting up a ride with in the area they like. Post the route, KSU time and ETA at various points along the route. Other Captains from a joining areas can coordinate one of their routes and meet up with the other group. This is just my thinking I am still working on more of the how to's. Most of the rides will be on weekends and each area can plan at their convenience. If it can coordinated, it will be good and if it cannot come together as a group then may be individuals might be able to meet up. This plan can be done in all areas, North, South, East and West. If the rides are posted all can see and be. After all you never know when a stranger may be around. I was just thinking. :)

I've spoken to a few guys I know that organize large industry benefits for various causes and they've given me some ideas and warnings. For example...be very careful how you handle the donations, etc if you don't want a visit from the IRS as they claim that it is all your personal income :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That will give s locals time to ride a few more places and look for empty spaces. Honestly I grow tired of the Maggie Valley thing and try to avoid the place if at all possible. hvacnr has mentioned Blairsville, Ga. and the Copperhead Motorcycle Lodge and I think we have dined at the Hole In The Wall on numeous occasions. We'll be lookin and lurking around on this.

Back