Too far out of my domain for me to volunteer to be a ride captain. But here is a thought for consideration. Would we want to parlay this fun run into something that could benefit the wounded military? It could be a pretty good change maker with all the miles. Just a thought.

For my part, I figure to at least do the Texas 3 sissys area and on up through NM, UT, NV, CA to WA, perhaps BC if we go there.

I will ask the number one Triumph dealer here if he wants to be a part of this effort. He will have moved into a new building by then and changed the name to Motorcycles of Dulles vice what it is now Triumph Manassas.
As for charities, the Fitch Foundation in Denver helps wounded Vets get into sports after and during their rehab. For full disclosure, the charity was named for my late father-in-law and is ran by my last wife, so if you see a conflict of interest there, I understand.

Our snowmobile club, Michcanska, does benefit rides for diabetes research. We have an agreement with the American Diabetes Association and the Canadian Diabetes Association that ALL proceeds go 100% to diabetes research. We start the World Tour and the UP section, two groups starting at the I 500 in Sault Saint Marie, MI with a lap around the track b4 the race next week. Check out our website at www.michcanska.com. We wear SPOT locators and you can see our progress on our website.

Our snowmobile club, Michcanska, does benefit rides for diabetes research. We have an agreement with the American Diabetes Association and the Canadian Diabetes Association that ALL proceeds go 100% to diabetes research. We start the World Tour and the UP section, two groups starting at the I 500 in Sault Saint Marie, MI with a lap around the track b4 the race next week. Check out our website at www.michcanska.com. We wear SPOT locators and you can see our progress on our website.

Cool Vanguard, so you're doing this again this year. How far are you goign to ride that sled and how many miles a day do you average? (Sorry for going off topic)

Ok, so the idea has been brought up several times at various events and in various discussions about a rolling RAA that would potentially cover more than one area of North America so I thought I would throw this out there and see what everybody thinks.

I had planned to ride the Hoka Hey challenge this year from Key West, FL to Homer, AK until they cancelled the ride in favor of a benefit ride across the plains of Kansas to Sturgis, but it got me to thinking...why couldn't we set up a Rolling Rocket Ride? Start in a location where there is a sufficient concentration of riders and start working our way around the country, picking up and dropping off riders as they see fit, but a Rocket Captain would be carrying the torch from start to finish. I know that the idea is not fully formed and lots of details to iron out, but what do you guys think? Anybody interested?

No plans or reservations other than a general idea on route, pack your swag and hit the road. Stop where the day ends at either a hotel or campground, see whatever there is to see then hit the road for the next spot. This way we could get a larger participation and folks could ride with the group as much or as little as they like and still participate in RAA.
Great idea!!! I'd be in for a week or so...how about the entire length of the Mississippi

Cool Vanguard, so you're doing this again this year. How far are you goign to ride that sled and how many miles a day do you average? (Sorry for going off topic)
Should be over 2,000 miles. We,had to change the US ride due to lack of snow in MN and WI. I have not received the updated file yet with GPS coordinates. We start riding on the 5th doing day trips out of the Soo. Start with a sendoff at Coyote Crossing in Cadillac. Will return to the Soo on the 18th.

So after reading the whole Thread I didn't see a start date or a verified starting point. I am really interested in riding the country with other Rockets and nonRockets just getting to see friends and meet new friends who enjoy riding motorcycles. I know Sturgis 2015 is August 3-9 just looking for some clarification. Or did I just miss this information.

Be nice to just get an idea of possible routes, then start and end wherever you want. Personally I would like to do it all, but I will need a Bushtec Tow Tow. Puppy would forget me:D

I started this thread to gauge interest and maybe get some folks to step forward and volunteer to show us their local hot spots. There have been no dates set or discussed as yet. A few routes have been kicked around, but nothing definite. So far @breeze has stepped forward for the four corners area, @1olbull has stepped up for the northwest, @Idaho Red Rocket 3 volunteered to get us across his fair state and @JoseyR3Wales mentioned something in another thread about the Confederate Cavalry handling the smokies. From what I can tell we need one or more folks to get us across to the northeast and down the east coast. @Boog mentioned he could probably shepherd us through the VA area, but no volunteers from the northeast or the central part of the country yet.

Given the challenges of putting together a ride of this nature we may have to plan this for 2016 instead of this year, but we'll see

Back